The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: The biggest thing that happened since our last show is actually something that we mentioned on a recent podcast, but we mentioned it too soon, which is Caroll Spinney's retirement. I mentioned in a previous show, that Caroll was retiring from Sesame Street, because I heard it on another podcast, but Sesame had not released that publicly.
Steve Swanson: Well, we were waiting for the official announcement.
JD: I just didn't know if there'd be one, cause sometimes Sesame doesn't like to talk about it when some of their most important people leave. This is just so weird to me.
Steve: We knew this day would come, and now it's here.
JD: I didn't think it would come. I assumed one of two things would happen: A, it would be revealed that Caroll is an ageless god who will be with us forever, always performing, or B, he would just suddenly die and we wouldn't be ready for that at all. I wasn't expecting this lovely party for him with all the Muppets performing and singing for him. I didn't expect him to take part in the 50th season, so he's done 50 years of this, and then get a big hurrah, get all this love, and get a page on the Sesame website where you can write notes to Caroll thanking him. Like he's going into retirement the way all of us would dream of it, and I am so happy about that. This is wonderful.
Steve: Yeah, this is way better than dying.
JD: It is, this is really nice and special. So I approve, I think Sesame's handled this very well. They don't always handle it perfectly when people leave, but in this case...
Steve: THIS ONE, they did it right.
JD: They did, and I assume it has something to do with the fact that, I imagine it was Caroll coming to them and saying "I need to retire now because of health stuff" and that gave them the time to get all their ducks in a row. It wasn't a situation like with Steve Whitmire in which they just wanted him out whether he wanted to be out or not.
Steve: Or Bob McGrath, or Emilio Delgato, or Roscoe Orman.
JD: I don't know enough about that situation, I just feel that Sesame wasn't smart enough in the way they handled it.
Steve: They got this right though. Regardless, this one, good job Sesame. And good job Caroll while we're at it.
JD: Yes, congratulations Caroll. It's good to know he might be doing more convention appearances and things like that. Now we're gonna enjoy more of Eric Jacobson's Oscar, which is really great. I think that when Oscar was just Caroll's character with the occasional performances by Eric, that limited the amount of Oscar we could see, but now I think we're gonna get a lot more, and let's face it, Eric's Oscar is really good.
Steve: Yes it is, and it's possible to see more of Oscar and Big Bird. Those two are fun together, so possibly getting to see them interact, looking forward to that.
JD: Right, classic Sesame Street is filled with great interactions between Big Bird and Oscar, and we haven't gotten a lot of that lately.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Some more FTB quotes...
"I ordered this Jello medium rare! This is well done!"
"WHERE'S MY JELLOOOOOOO???"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"High up in the sky
There lies a mystery
A mystery of what lies in this cruel universe
To which many have tried to figure out but failed
And to this day, life is such a drag
But we must stand together and stick through each day, hoping things go well in the end
Because that is what we must do to survive in this world
We eat, we breathe, we sleep, we die"

-yours truly

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GEORGE: What is Holland?
JERRY: What do you mean what is it? It's a country, right next to Belgium.
GEORGE: No, that's The Netherlands.
JERRY: Holland is The Netherlands.
GEORGE: Then who are the Dutch?

cjd874

Reaction score
Don't shout, grouchy Oscar, don't shout.
That's not what our singing's about.
So if you can't take the noise that we make,
Go back to your trash can and pout!
----Susan

A furry blue monster named Herry,
When asked "Are you strong," replied "Very!"
Then just for a laugh, he tore three cars in half.
Now I ask, was that necessary?
----Bob

You all know our good buddy Bert,
Whose feelings are easily hurt.
When his friends all play dress-up, ol' Bert has to 'fess up:
"I'm always the one in the skirt!"

----Ernie and Bert

"Come On and Sing Along with Me" (SS album Bert & Ernie's Sing-Along)