Sesame Street Special "When You Wish Upon a Pickle"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One last fun little detail I appreciated was when we see Ernie shooting Bert giving a weather report in their apartment, with an old and outdated videotape camcorder connected to their TV; brought back memories of when I used to shoot stuff with such a camcorder a decade and longer ago.
Ernie never changed the channel; Bert was on the same station the entire time and the other TVs just happened to be set to the same thing.
You sure? I know Ernie eventually dropped the remote in his glass of milk and couldn't use it anymore - hence Bert ending up in being chased by a shark because of the following program, but I was fairly certain that Ernie changed the channel at least once to get Bert out of the dancing competition show to the wrestling show. I thought.

But yeah, after my review last night, I thought about it, and came to that same conclusion regarding the Cookie Monster situation.

kathy26

Reaction score
And I liked the part with Grover staring at the washing machine. That was funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also couldn't help but notice the Ernie puppet used in this special was very reminiscent of Johnny T.'s Ernie puppet from the second season of PWMS, in that the puppet has one crooked ear.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wish I had known about this sooner. I'll have to see if I can find this special online.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I wish I had known about this sooner. I'll have to see if I can find this special online.
Sign up for the 30 day free trial on one of HBO's streaming services. I think that will be your only option until this special makes its way to DVD.

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked in the beginning where that machine was in the storeroom, we saw bits of classic SS nostalgia, like a lifeless model of Noony the Typewriter, and knight's armor from The King of 8 film.

Plus, I wondered if Oscar's can was now blocking Ernie and Bert's window, then I found their window located on the right side of the cans.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The special was released digitally today, and I finally saw it. It is an awesome special!

Something about Ernie and Bert's apartment looks different. I wonder if they rebuilt it, or if it's a case of being shot in high definition, or if they refurbished/cleaned up the set.

It's a shame the pickle didn't tell them from the start that it's just one wish per customer, though at least he warns the delivery lady to read the instructions first (perhaps because of what all has happened).

Matt Vogel does a great job as the pickle, but the pickle seems like the kind of character that would have been done by Joey Mazzarino (if only he was still involved).

At the end, Oscar seems to be the only one who can wish for things to be back to normal, but there are many characters they could have asked to make a wish. I wonder if the many Cookie Monster duplicates qualified for the wish, or would they be disqualified just because the first Cookie Monster made a wish? Couldn't Bert have made a wish (since he would want out)?