The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly thought Chuckie Finster in Rugrats might have been on the autism spectrum?

I mean, he seems to get scared easily - possibly a hint of sensory issues, along with a huge hint of OCD (the episode where Tommy stays over at his house for a few days is a good example).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, his Cinemassacre 300 video demonstrated to me he's probably a genius in the medium of film
I love that documentary, because it's actually so very, very similar to how I started on YouTube as well: so many of his shooting techniques are basically the same as what I had to do, due to limited tools and resources. For example, like him, I had no way of editing when I started out, since Movie Maker was crap, and I shot on a camcorder that recorded on videotape, so basically all of my earlier stuff had to be taped in-sequence, in-order, with very little room for error, and the final raw material was the finished product.

But it's amazing to me how he was eventually able to set up an entire editing system in his bedroom with two connected VCRs, a miniature soundboard, a title-making keyboard, and an audio-dubbing remote.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks part of Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird" sounds like Paul McCartney's "Let 'Em In"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who wasn't bothered, at all, by The Face In The Sun on TELETUBBIES? I honestly thought it was absolutely adorable.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It was...... Funny. In a questionable British humor kind of way.

I always loved the George Bush sun baby video.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one that's screamed in a pillow to let out frustration?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never screamed into a pillow, but I have repeated slammed doors in anger once.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, so I just want to say I do apologise if I come off as a bit of a white Knight saying this, but when this first came out (and I posted about it on the surprise thread) this actually really ****** me off and felt just as heartbreaking when Steve got fired and so much crap was being thrown at him (for goodness sake, it's like the guy just lost his job. Don't go playing he said, she said gossip crap to make him feel worse, and I was very glad to hear he was doing alot better when I met him in person). Not because of what happened in the video, but more all the harrassment and stupid conspiracy theories and trying to get her fired over one little video because people just assume and jump to conclusions. I actually cried a little and wanted to post a salty rant (but then I was just like "You know what? It's not worth it." I already dealt with a bunch of annoying right-wing morons and bronies trying to change my mind when I expressed on how I feel. Yes, I actually defended her in some comments and have no regrets at all). But yeah, I kind of felt like Chris Crocker at that time in his "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!" phase. (Due bear in mind, this happened 4 days after meeting her in person so it really was shocking and sad for me at the time).

But anyway, am I the only one who still respects Tara Strong as both a person and voice actor after seeing this video?

Personally, the only thing I don't agree with was her asking the driver about his Citizenship because I don't really think it was her place or business to ask, but that's just one little minor slip up and it could have also been out of concern on why he (someone who came illegally, he admitted it himself) supports a guy who would deport his *** (which at this point is true). But for me, the driver already lost the argument when he said "being a lefty is a mental disorder" (you know how I feel on that).

But yeah, I actually felt bad that I actually went out of my way to send her a little support message on her professional Facebook fanpage (whether she saw it or not, due keep in mind those messages don't always go through well, I felt good about it. Kind of like when @D'Snowth wrote that letter to the creator of Cow and Chicken about all the hate it got..... And another member I'm not bringing up when he gave a support message to Roscoe, Bob and Luis when they were fired).

The other thing that made me kind of angry was that her friend Rena (a soap opera actress apparently) was doing most of the talking and Tara got most of the blame. It's like, wow, guys. Do some research, will ya?

I already showed this to Snowth, @Pig's Laundry and @Any Del but I'm curious on everyone else's input since I think we can all agree we enjoyed her voice in some show we grew up with.

But, yeah. How I feel now? Let the haters hate. I let it go as time went on. Sometimes I kind of like to troll the right-wingers in the comments section for the fun of it.

(And another unpopular opinion - I'm glad she went out of her way to take down some videos. Yeah, it went on the internet, but hey, I believe she can still take it down as someone who filmed it. That's like saying I can't take down my PSA about asking where my Sesame Street clips down if someone takes it and re-upload it. My video, boi!)

Apologies if this came off as more of a rant than a question but.... Yeah. I had aloooooooot to say about it.