Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Did anybody say the killing wasnt wrong? Did I miss something? Its not murder, but that doesnt make it right either. Also, again, you assume this was racially motivated. The cop saw a guy on top of another guy with a gun in his back. They saw a person with a weapon. Nothing proves this was racial other than the victim being black.

I think the cop may have been negligent and probably guilty of manslaughter. Not the same as saying its a racially motivated murder. Intent is a HUGE factor. There are different degrees in the legal system for a reason.
One also has to take in to account that this occurred at the site of a mass shooting in which 5 people were killed. I imagine there was a lot of chaos. Absent further evidence, it does not rise to the accusation thrown out by our resident liberals that it was a race-motivated killing. Certainly, negligent and possibly manslaughter. But we don't know the facts here either. Was the black security guard wearing a uniform or plain-clothes? Did the police officer ask him to drop his weapon and he refused? These will all be discovered during further investigation. But throw out the inflamatory accusation that it was race-based murder? No.

Censored

Reaction score
Where did I defend the killing? I said it was negligent and rises to the level of manslaughter based on released facts. How is that defending the killing? The only difference is I do not jump to the conclusion that it was racially motivated. I can say the killing was unjust and still not think it was racially motivated because I am capable of not viewing everything in terms of race first.

If it comes out that the cop was blatantly racist and said he hated all black people, then my opinion will change. I will not just assume he is racist because a white person did something terrible to a black person without proof. You know why? Because that would in and of itself be racist!
Racism is not always blatant, my good man.

Censored

Reaction score
One also has to take in to account that this occurred at the site of a mass shooting in which 5 people were killed. I imagine there was a lot of chaos. Absent further evidence, it does not rise to the accusation thrown out by our resident liberals that it was a race-motivated killing. Certainly, negligent and possibly manslaughter. But we don't know the facts here either. Was the black security guard wearing a uniform or plain-clothes? Did the police officer ask him to drop his weapon and he refused? These will all be discovered during further investigation. But throw out the inflamatory accusation that it was race-based murder? No.
As I said before, conservatives are so understanding when it's a homicide committed by a White person.

Censored

Reaction score
Police are supposed to hold down chaos, not perpetuate it. If one can't handle that, they shouldn't be a police officer.

MWoO

Reaction score
Racism is not always blatant, my good man.
If we are going to talk about the difference between charges of a racially motivated murder and a negligent killing then there needs to be no doubt in the intentions of the shooter. So in this case, any claim of racism should be blatant if it will be used to charge someone.

Censored

Reaction score
If we are going to talk about the difference between charges of a racially motivated murder and a negligent killing then there needs to be no doubt in the intentions of the shooter. So in this case, any claim of racism should be blatant if it will be used to charge someone.
Of course, no one could ever be subconsciously motivated by fear caused by underlying racism. Oh no...Again, it's all or nothing with you.

Censored

Reaction score
At worst, it was a hate crime. At best, it was stupidity. Racism could factor into either, but one way or another, this cop should not be on the force.

MWoO

Reaction score
Police are supposed to hold down chaos, not perpetuate it. If one can't handle that, they shouldn't be a police officer.
Agreed. That still has NOTHING to do with race. Literally no one is arguing that the shooting was right. The only point of contention is that the person posted immediately jumped to this being a racially motivated murder.

You are the only one making race the issue here and calling all conservatives racist and then you post a Stan Lee quote from the 60's that actually goes against the very point you claim it supports.

Censored

Reaction score
Agreed. That still has NOTHING to do with race. Literally no one is arguing that the shooting was right. The only point of contention is that the person posted immediately jumped to this being a racially motivated murder.

You are the only one making race the issue here and calling all conservatives racist and then you post a Stan Lee quote from the 60's that actually goes against the very point you claim it supports.
Nah...Racism and conservatism are so far apart...

MWoO

Reaction score
Of course, no one could ever be subconsciously motivated by fear caused by underlying racism. Oh no...Again, it's all or nothing with you.
You are now talking about possible subconscious fear in a person you have never met... you are inventing possible evidence instead of looking at what is actually reported in reality.

You are literally the only one who deals in absolutes here. White cop shoots a black man? They must be racist. Person here illegally that didn't commit a serious crime? Let them stay no matter what. These are absolutes. The only absolute I believe in is that we should not jump to conclusions without evidence. It's what our entire legal system is based on.