Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Of course, there was at least one birther on here who implied that the killing would be justified if the security guard was wearing plain clothes.
There's your absolutes again. Did not say it was justified. It may have been a factor in to the negligence. But, hey, let's label the police officer IMMEDIATELY a racist murderer before we know ANY of the facts. Seems like most reasonable people here are interested in finding the truth. You seem to be interested in pedaling more inflamatory hate-filled rhetoric.

Censored

Reaction score
There's your absolutes again. Did not say it was justified. It may have been a factor in to the negligence. But, hey, let's label the police officer IMMEDIATELY a racist murderer before we know ANY of the facts. Seems like most reasonable people here are interested in finding the truth. You seem to be interested in pedaling more inflamatory hate-filled rhetoric.
Except I never said the cop was definitely a racist. Those words are from the imagination of knee-jerk right-wingers.

Censored

Reaction score
If we were the police officer in the situation, who’s to say we wouldn’t do the same thing? You’ve gotten called in because someone’s shooting up the place, you’re trying to seek out the killer as fast as possible, and you literally see a guy pinning someone on the floor with a gun to their head.

Of course this was a terrible thing. Of course the cop needs to be stricken from the force for this. But this all likely has nothing to do with racism, unless further evidence appears.

Jumping to conclusion is our country’s biggest crime.
That’s why everyone is not meant to be a police officer. One has to know how to handle situations like that appropriately.

Censored

Reaction score
So far, there’s been far more empathy on here for the cop than for the victim and his family.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So far, there’s been far more empathy on here for the cop than for the victim and his family.
Both the death of the man, and the shooting by the police officer is tragic. I'm sure that the man that died had a family, and they are grieving over his death.

The police officer that did the shooting is going to be labeled for the rest of his career. Ether he is a racist, or he made a tragic mistake. Which for his sake I hope he was a racist, because if a good police officer made a mistake that took another person life the guilt of that will be with them for the rest of his life. If he is a racist then to him it would be one less black person, and there would be no guilt or remorse whatsoever.
The problem is there are not enough facts about this tragedy to say much. All we really know is that an innocence man was killed by a police officer. Until all the facts are out that's all we know.
What ever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?

Censored

Reaction score
If it makes anyone feel better, the cop will almost certainly be acquitted because of the very same rationalizations used on here. He will probably even be allowed to stay on the force. And even on the off chance that he is held accountable, he’ll get a pardon somewhere down the line. So don’t sweat it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If it makes anyone feel better, the cop will almost certainly be acquitted because of the very same rationalizations used on here. He will probably even be allowed to stay on the force. And even on the off chance that he is held accountable, he’ll get a pardon somewhere down the line. So don’t sweat it.
I would love for you to be a police officer for just one day.

Censored

Reaction score
I would love for you to be a police officer for just one day.
I was smart enough to know that was not the career for me. Unfortunately, this cop wasn’t. It takes a unique kind of person to be able to do that kind of important work. It’s admittedly not for everyone.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You know what I wonder?

Why the Trumps aren’t attending The Kennedy Center Honors.