What songs does Disney/Buena Vista have to deal with from seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Are you serious? Please tell me you're wrong about us not seeing seasons 4 and 5 of TMS. Even Duke Remington thinks Disney will release those seasons!
I had heard from an unnamed but reliable source that season four and five are still a priority. I heard that the money that would have been earned from the 2015 The Muppets Tv series being aird in syndication was going to help pay for the music rights.
Since that didn't happen I'm thinking that some of the money that the last two concerts would help with that.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I had heard from an unnamed but reliable source that season four and five are still a priority. I heard that the money that would have been earned from the 2015 The Muppets Tv series being aird in syndication was going to help pay for the music rights.
Since that didn't happen I'm thinking that some of the money that the last two concerts would help with that.
Where's the source at?

DMHFan

Reaction score
Here's my predictions for the songs Disney/Buena Vista could deal with:
  1. Macho Man
  2. Rama Lama Ding Dong
  3. Summertime
  4. Six String Orchestra
What do you think?

jobi71

Reaction score
Here's my predictions for the songs Disney/Buena Vista could deal with:
  1. Macho Man
  2. Rama Lama Ding Dong
  3. Summertime
  4. Six String Orchestra
What do you think?
They'd have to deal with all the songs - that are not in the public domain. The person (s) who own the rights need to be compensated. It might be the artist, their record company, their estate or a third party who purchased the rights. Another complication is the permanence of DVD's. When permission was first granted the show would be aired once and as for repeats there most likely would have been language if it airs X more times we receive this amount or if it is Y amount of times we get this amount. I am sure the artists or their estates would love to have the Muppet version of their song released, but remember it is lawyers and accountants doing the negotiating. Having said that I believe there is a fair amount of truth in Little Jerry's comments. Disney has more than enough money and rooms filled with lawyers. If this was a priority for them it would have/would be happening. I am not one who believes it will never happen, but it does seem to be on the back burner for now.

DMHFan

Reaction score
They'd have to deal with all the songs - that are not in the public domain. The person (s) who own the rights need to be compensated. It might be the artist, their record company, their estate or a third party who purchased the rights. Another complication is the permanence of DVD's. When permission was first granted the show would be aired once and as for repeats there most likely would have been language if it airs X more times we receive this amount or if it is Y amount of times we get this amount. I am sure the artists or their estates would love to have the Muppet version of their song released, but remember it is lawyers and accountants doing the negotiating. Having said that I believe there is a fair amount of truth in Little Jerry's comments. Disney has more than enough money and rooms filled with lawyers. If this was a priority for them it would have/would be happening. I am not one who believes it will never happen, but it does seem to be on the back burner for now.
Well we know they don't have to deal with "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" considering those are Disney songs.