D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do my best, though it's not always easy. There's been a couple of years (not consecutively, mind you) where it was significantly damaged during moving. One year, seemingly beyond repair, and I just left it a shambles, because that also happened to be Season 39 when they made a number of significant changes to the set and I was torn about how I would accommodate them on my model since, at that time, I always tried to make it look exactly like on the show as possible. IIRC, I think when I made my mind up to rebuild it, I was up till like 3 or 4 in the morning doing, and that was when I decided to leave it in "Permanent Season 38 Mode" for a couple of years before I gradually began redesigning it to what it looks like now.

One thing that's helped is really gluing everything into place to ensure it'll stay put: prior to that, I just used tape, which wasn't always strong enough to do the job.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Invisible tape can be good, but transparent tape really does suck: won't stick when and where you want it, but does where you don't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I mentioned a while back that I discovered something that I had been wishing was in existence for a good number of years: a miniature hole-punch that can punch in the shape of leaves! I found such a tool on eBay, and immediately ordered one back in the summer:

For several weeks, I made a bunch of leaves, in various different shades of red, orange, yellow, and brown; fall now has a far more realistic look on the street this year than in years past!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Great job dude! I have been saving some really GOOD cardboard to start doing my very own but not sure when I'll start working on it or how I'll get started but I do have an idea. How did you do the tree to look like it had dead leaves on it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The tree itself is a model tree that I had gotten from Hobby Lobby in a pack of two. I had to remove a few branches and some of the foliage from both of them to bring them into scale, but I left one of them green, and dipped the foliage of the other into some orange paint, then highlighted that with some yellow paint after it dried.

Both trees have a peg at the bottom of the trunk that pops into a hole into a little plastic base. I attached the base to a square-shaped cardboard foundation, the covered the base with some miniature weeds (also from Hobby Lobby); the leaves are just sprinkled around the base.

If you notice in the pics I took back in the summer, the green spring/summer tree has even more, taller weeds around the base of the trunk, but those are attached to the trunk itself. This makes the base look fuller during spring and summer, and emptier in fall.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This is the most underrated thing ever; if you did a YouTube tour of this I imagine you'd get a lot of hits.