The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

Any Del

Reaction score
It makes me wonder why come SW never made an Elmo's World Thanksgiving special? They did one for Christmas why not Thanksgiving? In fact, most people don't seem to care for Thanksgiving anymore. We rarely see any Thanksgiving commericals, it's mostly Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and Fourth of July (Fourth of U-lie is more like it).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you referring to the parade or what?
No, just Thanksgiving depicted in fiction in general, like when shows do Thanksgiving episodes, or what few and far between Thanksgiving TV specials there are.

It makes me wonder why come SW never made an Elmo's World Thanksgiving special? They did one for Christmas why not Thanksgiving? In fact, most people don't seem to care for Thanksgiving anymore. We rarely see any Thanksgiving commericals, it's mostly Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and Fourth of July (Fourth of U-lie is more like it).
Thanksgiving isn't a secular holiday they can profit off of.

Any Del

Reaction score
Thanksgiving isn't a secular holiday they can profit off of.
Still, isn't the true meaning of Thanksgiving about giving thanks of the blessing of the harvest? Not to mention saying prayers before eating.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, but consumerism is all about more and more and more and more, hence Black Friday and such.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I find it really, really weird when I see Thanksgiving depicted in fiction, and everybody is shown all bundled up in jackets, coats, scarves, mittens, and some kind of floppy hat, because . . . Thanksgiving is never that cold! It's not even cool enough for sweaters half the time . . . at least not here, anyway.
Maybe it's not cold in the South, but where I live, it's almost always cold on Thanksgiving.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty much snow and freezing out this Thanksgiving for me.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I too can't wait for the parade. I've heard that there is going to be a new balloon debuting. I've heard it's Goku from Dragon Ball Z. That will be neat.