Emmet Otter and Bells of Fraggle Rock coming to the big screen this Christmas

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, saw this announced on toughpigs.com, the only downside is I'm not sure if there's a Fathom theater where I live here in PR.

Also, toughpigs just announced they're holding a contest for...
:sing: 5 piars of golden tickets!
The premise of the contest is to send in drawing designs of Muppety ugly Christmas sweaters, the info's at their site's front page.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's only two theaters in my town that are doing this, one of which is in the mall, and the other is a rinky-dink little arthouse theater. Nevertheless, I do believe I shall attend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I kinda feel Emmet Otter would be best viewed/enjoyed in a rinky-dink smaller family theater as opposed to one of those mall multiplex places. Nothing wrong with multiplex places, just the feeling I have from my memories of the special.

Wonder if the Henson fans who attend these airings will bring their bells to ring with the Fraggles like we've established here for a number of years now. :coy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So looks like the little rinky-dink theater is sold out, however, I do see now where there's a huge theater way out in the rich part of town that's, surprisingly, participating in this, so I got my ticket for that place . . . quite a drive though, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good, you'll be able to tell Emmet's wife you saw him then. :zany:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, this Sunday is your last chance to see the beloved Henson holiday specials, "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" and "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" in over 600 theaters across America. The screening also includes a new introduction from Cheryl Henson and a new Emmet Otter featurette.

Get Tickets: http://bit.ly/henson121618
Buy the CD: https://amzn.to/2QnNmOn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Would love to go as an early self-birthday treat, but there aren't any Fathom-affiliated theaters here. :frown:

Eh, at least I can listen to the Emmet Otter soundtrack as well as the songs and quotes from The Bells of Fraggle Rock on MCR for the rest of the month. :jim:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just glad they didn't crop either of the specials into widescreen like they would on cable TV now.

And interestingly, even though Kermit's book-end appearances were included in Emmet Otter, the rest of his off-screen narration was omitted.

Foodie

Reaction score
Saw it yesterday. It was nice to see Emmet and the Fraggles on the big screen. The Riverbottom Nightmare Bands' performance was never more awesome! :smirk: