Sesame Street Records Returns

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, they're partnering with WMG?

God help us all. . . .

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last month they started Sesame Street Catalog and put out some new compilations (with no previously-unreleased tracks), I wonder if they're just re-naming that or if this is a completely different thing (the press release does mention those albums that were just recently released).

One thing mentioned in the press released is an "All-Times Favorites", I feel like it said that would be a series of albums (like the recent "letters" series), as opposed to a single "Sesame Street All-Time Favorites". I wonder how they'll go about it, I assume character-based ("Elmo's All-Time Favorites", "Bert and Ernie's All-Time Favorites", etc.), but it would be great if they could put out albums focusing on decades (though would they leave out 1969 and do "1970s All-Time Favorites" and so on?). I'd like to see an "Old School Secondary Cast All-Time Favorites" focusing on songs from characters who don't have a particularly big back catalog of songs.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm glad this is happening. Aside from the "Elmo Slide," I don't think there's been single never-before-released track since the Songs of the Street album. I look forward to replacing some of my homemade mp3s with studio quality ones.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mentioned this on another thread, but man, you know what's one song I'd like to hear as a studio recording?

Danger's No Stranger.

It would be nice to jam to it without having to hear the wooshing DANGER words floating around and the explosions and car beeps, etc.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I mentioned this on another thread, but man, you know what's one song I'd like to hear as a studio recording?

Danger's No Stranger.

It would be nice to jam to it without having to hear the wooshing DANGER words floating around and the explosions and car beeps, etc.
True. I've noticed how on a lot of Sesamstrasse CDs/cassettes, the songs are usually played the same way they were seen on TV complete with all opening/closing dialogue, sound effects, and everything in between, while on American CDs, a lot of the aforementioned stuff was cut out. But yeah, that's definitely 1 song I'd love to hear without all the sound effects.

In general, I hope they pull out the big guns on unreleased music like crazy!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope they can try and make sure any unreleased tracks are studio recordings / masters and not like some of the stuff from Songs of the Street which just rips the audio straight from the air (so you get all the sound effects and whatnot).