Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not really. She sounds like every teenager that has non-strict parents and doesnt want to go to school. What she ought to do is go to school, do well, and learn how to change the system.
Fair point.

Censored

Reaction score
Not really. She sounds like every teenager that has non-strict parents and doesnt want to go to school. What she ought to do is go to school, do well, and learn how to change the system.
Don’t assu-me. You don’t know anything about her or her family.

Censored

Reaction score
That is one advantage young people have. Time is on their side. Damage is being done that we may never see corrected in our lifetimes, but they have time to either make things better or see the world get better. It’s just like young people who were around during segregation and “Commie” witch hunts. They grew up to see a better day.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That is one advantage young people have. Time is on their side. Damage is being done that we may never see corrected in our lifetimes, but they have time to either make things better or see the world get better. It’s just like young people who were around during segregation and “Commie” witch hunts. They grew up to see a better day.
Well it's like that interview with Mrs. Obama I shared. She talks about that a lot, and she is right If young people really want to see change in Washington then get out there and vote. There is still hope and there can still be change. Yes we know Trump wants a second term, but if the voters come out they can make a change.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
If the girl stays in Sweden, then she can hardly change the US system, can she?

Censored

Reaction score
I think people are getting a little too concrete and literal about the girl’s quote. It just represents the problems today and why young people might get discouraged. Trying to over analyze that she is “trying to get out of school” or “doesn’t live in the U.S.” misses the point entirely.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oh no I agree with the basic element of what she’s saying, I’m trying to make sure that if we’re talking about her, then we need to remember that this isn’t an American speaking. We should rather look at it from a more Swedish perspective.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Regardless, I think young people should stay in school, and even go to college. I had to start supporting my mom and younger brother at the age of 16. Thank God I was home schooled, and was able to also go make money, but it was also a curse. After I graduated high school I was already working and thought I found my calling in retail, and didn't even consider furthering my education. I'm now 36 years old and stuck.