The New New Quote Thread

DMHFan

Reaction score
JD Hansel says the smartest thing I've heard regarding the last 2 seasons of the Muppet Show not being on DVD: I don't think we're gonna see TMS on the streaming service, because if that was the case, we'd be getting more DVDs. And seeing where they are now in terms of music rights, I don't think we'll get the old Muppet Show on the streaming platform, which is fine. I've got the DVDs. It would be nice to have seasons 4 and 5 on my shelf, but I'm not fighting that fight anymore because, you gotta pick your battles, and that's just not a battle worth fighting.
Well, we'll see about that. I've seen Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers on digital download and there were episodes that never made it to DVD, so this could happen for The Muppet Show as well on streaming, and even the former.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Muppet Fans Talking guys discuss Goofer's scene in Happytime Murders:
JD Hansel: Tell me this, which way is the line funnier, when he says wiener or when he says p***s? Because it's wiener in the trailer.
Jarrod Fairclough: I thought wiener was funnier.
JD: Absolutely!
Steve Swanson: Yeah, wiener is funnier.
Jarrod: "Unless you're talking about your wiener".
JD: The wiener was a brilliant delivery!
Jarrod: Can I say, since we're talking about first impressions, I have a real soft spot for Goofer.
JD: I know!
Jarrod: He was very funny. I think that minute's worth of footage is worth admission alone, even though pretty much everything with him is already in the trailer, even just the way he says "Maybe" is worth however much money you spent.
JD: Every little bit of Drew Massey's delivery with that character is perfect.
Jarrod: I'm hoping for a Goofer plush at some point.
JD: I'm hoping for a Goofer-centric sequel.
Steve: I wold hold out for anything from this movie quite honestly. (JD cracks up)

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Preston Goodplay: The theater, the cruelest mistress of all! My career, like the mistakes of so many teenage girls, has been... aborted.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Captain Crazy: You just let him know.... Like Shaggy would say.... "It wasn't me!" HAAAA-HAAAA-HAAA-HAAA-HAAA!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
COTTON: It looks like Average Joe's will be turning the Globo Gym Purple Cobras into the proverbial pumpkin.
PEPPER: I sure do like pumpkins, Cotton.
COTTON: (Blank stare)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Steve Swanson: I'm glad I caught the behind-the-scene stuff and outtakes at the end of Happytime Murders, because this movie looked like it was a TON OF FUN to make.
JD Hansel: Yeah. It occurred to me the second time I watched the movie, cause I was more upset the first time, I was thinking "Why is this the movie that for 15 years, Brian Henson has been saying this is the movie we gotta make?" And I realized, it's probably not cause it's the movie he wanted to watch, it's cause it's the one he wanted to hang out on set with Bill Barretta making.
Jarrod Fairclough: That's very likely. Adam Sandler, God knows he's made crappy films for the last few years, he said that most of the time, he's not making movies for the final product, but because he wants to hang out with his friends in Hawaii for 3 months. If Brian Henson made this movie just to hang out with Bill Barretta, and give the puppeteers he's been working with for the last 15 years a little more to do, and some movie experience, because a lot of these guys haven't done feature films before, who cares? Let him do it.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
"When I was a kid, I thought Zootopia was this perfect place, where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, real life is a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations, we all make mistakes, which means - hey, glass half full! - we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what type of animal you are; from the biggest elephant, to our first fox, I implore you - try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us." - Judy Hopps, Zootopia

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
From the movie Cinderella:

“And yet, through it all, Cinderella remained ever gentle and kind, for with each dawn she found new hope that someday her dreams of happiness would come true.”