Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Censored

Reaction score
We sure went to a lot of trouble in WWII for nothing then. All you had to do was “understand” Hitler and have a man to man talk with him. Then he he would have stopped all his evil ways and given a tearful apology.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We sure went to a lot of trouble in WWII for nothing then. All you had to do was “understand” Hitler and have a man to man talk with him. Then he he would have stopped all his evil ways and given a tearful apology.
No way, Hittler was crazy with hate I mean there would have been no one who could sit down and reason with him. A story like this is very rare, and thank goodness it turned out the way it did, but I would imagine that 99% of the time the outcome would be very different. Most of the time when a person's mind is made up esspcslly when hatred is involved it is dang near impossible to change that person's mind.

Censored

Reaction score

MWoO

Reaction score

Censored

Reaction score
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/5448...0-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes

Its really interesting. Actually talking to people does a lot more good than virtue signaling and chanting. Most people would immediatly get up and walk away from a card carrying KKK member. Takes a lot of guts and character to converse with them and get them to change their mind.
An African American who considers klansmen his friends whether they give up their robes or not. The right-wing’s “perfect African American.”

Old Thunder

Reaction score
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/5448...0-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes

Its really interesting. Actually talking to people does a lot more good than virtue signaling and chanting. Most people would immediatly get up and walk away from a card carrying KKK member. Takes a lot of guts and character to converse with them and get them to change their mind.
I think you’re gonna wanna un-ignore Censored for this one because as much as he has good intentions, I don’t think that he has been quite as successful as he seems to think (though to a certain degree he’s been more successful than others).