Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
No way, Hittler was crazy with hate I mean there would have been no one who could sit down and reason with him. A story like this is very rare, and thank goodness it turned out the way it did, but I would imagine that 99% of the time the outcome would be very different. Most of the time when a person's mind is made up esspcslly when hatred is involved it is dang near impossible to change that person's mind.
Im surprised you dont think people can be turned from evil thoughts. Salvation, redemption, forgiveness. These are all very religious things.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think you’re gonna wanna un-ignore Censored for this one because as much as he has good intentions, I don’t think that he has been quite as successful as he seems to think (though to a certain degree he’s been more successful than others).
Not happening. Even when he and i agree on things he somehow still turns things into an argument and personal attacks.

Censored

Reaction score
Once again, understanding is only prescribed for the far-right by the far-right.

Censored

Reaction score
Not happening. Even when he and i agree on things he somehow still turns things into an argument and personal attacks.
Too bad he doesn’t practice what he preaches about talking to “enemies.”

Censored

Reaction score
Im surprised you dont think people can be turned from evil thoughts. Salvation, redemption, forgiveness. These are all very religious things.
The sad thing is that many Fundamentalist Christians believe that the Jews Hitler killed are burning eternally right now because they weren’t Christian and Hitler is in Heaven right now because he was. That’s the dark teaching behind the belief that good or bad works don’t matter as long as you accept Christ.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not all Fundamentalist Christians (or even Evangelical Christians) are like that, though . . . some of them say that even if you are a Christian - as in accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior - you'll still go to #3|| if you're not absolutely, completely, 100% sin-free. Case in point: if you're gay and are a Christian, you're still going to #3|| because you're gay.

MWoO

Reaction score
Not all Fundamentalist Christians (or even Evangelical Christians) are like that, though . . . some of them say that even if you are a Christian - as in accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior - you'll still go to #3|| if you're not absolutely, completely, 100% sin-free. Case in point: if you're gay and are a Christian, you're still going to #3|| because you're gay.
So when i read this i thought when you said "#3||" you said #3 and i was trying to figure out what #3 meant until i realized you were just getting around the language filter. :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I believe that 1: That all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God 2: That Jesus Christ came on the earth and lived a perfect and sinless life was then crucified on the cross, and three days latter rose again. 3: That God sent Jesus to earth for everyone! For the Jews, for the gentiles, for white people, for black people, for gay people for everyone. 4. Even though God sent Jesus for everyone not everyone will choose to accept him. Because since the first man and woman were created God gave us a free will. People can choose whether or not they want to believe in God, and in Jesus and can choose whatever else they so wish.
4. I also believe that anyone can change, but true genuine change has to come from within a person's heart, and that type of change I think has to have some spiritual help.
5. I believe God and Jesus can do anything, but I don't trust people as far as I can throw them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The sad thing is that many Fundamentalist Christians believe that the Jews Hitler killed are burning eternally right now because they weren’t Christian and Hitler is in Heaven right now because he was. That’s the dark teaching behind the belief that good or bad works don’t matter as long as you accept Christ.
John 3:16 says: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

John 14:6 says: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

Here is an interesting passage on the Jews not accepting Christ as the true son of God.

John 10: 22-42:

22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand