Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Censored

Reaction score
But, I agree with what others are saying: banning Christmas seems like a very backwards way of trying to be more inclusive for the holidays . . . instead of banning a specific holiday, why not just include all winter holidays in some way or form for, y'know, inclusiveness? I mean, this is why people say "Happy Holidays" in the first place: a blanket greeting that covers all holidays regardless of whatever that holiday is, given that you can't assume somebody you don't know celebrates the same holiday that you do.
And don’t assume that everyone you know celebrates the same holidays WHEN you do. Some of us like to start celebrating Christmas in November.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not a matter of when I celebrate, it's a matter of principle. Every holiday has a respective month to be celebrated: December is for Christmas, November is for Thanksgiving. That's just the way it is.

Censored

Reaction score
It's not a matter of when I celebrate, it's a matter of principle. Every holiday has a respective month to be celebrated: December is for Christmas, November is for Thanksgiving. That's just the way it is.
No, that’s YOUR viewpoint, not everyone else’s.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
A priest has a heart attack, and is rushed to the hospital. He wakes up as he's being rushed through the hospital on a gurney by two nurses. "Am I in heaven?" asks the disoriented priest. "No" says one of the nurses. "We're just taking a short cut through the children's ward."