Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't hate them, but it does seem like there's an over abundance of their Christmas music in relation to others this year.

That, and Ariana Grande, it seems like you'll hear her songs several times a day.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't hate them, but it does seem like there's an over abundance of their Christmas music in relation to others this year.

That, and Ariana Grande, it seems like you'll hear her songs several times a day.
Ariana's Christmas songs, I surprisingly don't mind as much. But that's probably because the only times i've heard them have been on playlists from Spotify. Which, btw, of you wanna listen to Christmas music, a music streaming service like that is definitely the way to go.

Also, unrelated note, anyone else notice that random words on the forum are now being linked to shopping sites? That's weird.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A lot of forums have been phishy like that for years now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since @LittleJerry92 brought it up in another thread, I'm reminded of something: I've heard at least one version of "Baby, it's Cold Outside" where the singing roles were reversed, and it was a woman singing the man's verses, and a man singing the woman's verses - I don't remember who did that version though. But nevertheless, it makes me wonder, with the roles reversed like that, would it still be considered a "rape song" because of the MeToo Movement?

MWoO

Reaction score
Since @LittleJerry92 brought it up in another thread, I'm reminded of something: I've heard at least one version of "Baby, it's Cold Outside" where the singing roles were reversed, and it was a woman singing the man's verses, and a man singing the woman's verses - I don't remember who did that version though. But nevertheless, it makes me wonder, with the roles reversed like that, would it still be considered a "rape song" because of the MeToo Movement?
It should be considered a rape song to begin with. Its a song about a woman who wants to spend the night with a man she likes but since they are not marries she is afraid of what it will do to her reputation so the man is giving her an excuse she can use when telling her family why she spent the night. The expression "whats in this drink" had nothing to do with drugging women. Its an expression used to convey you are saying things that you really believe, though they are out of character for how you usually present yourself. The idea being that you must be drunk to express ideas your normally would be to inhibited to express.

It really bothers me that people are trying to find issues with things. #metoo was suppose to be about rooting out actual perpetrators of sexual assualt that used their power to hide who they were, like Bill Cosby who drugged women and had sex with them while unconscious. Its now turned into this weird attack on anything sexual or romantic where everything is rape.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Snowth and I were talking about this last night.

Nowadays it just feels like people label stuff with words just because they have their little small issues with them.

MWoO

Reaction score
Its so weird that we went from free love and fighting against censorship in the 70s to a song being "problematic". Its like... innocent normal interactions between men and women is bad, but crazy outlandish overtly sexual behavior is ok. Its so weird.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It should be considered a rape song to begin with. Its a song about a woman who wants to spend the night with a man she likes but since they are not marries she is afraid of what it will do to her reputation so the man is giving her an excuse she can use when telling her family why she spent the night. The expression "whats in this drink" had nothing to do with drugging women. Its an expression used to convey you are saying things that you really believe, though they are out of character for how you usually present yourself. The idea being that you must be drunk to express ideas your normally would be to inhibited to express.
Well, again, Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" is on the radio all the freakin' time, and that some blatantly promotes objectifying women and fornication.

"I'm in love with the shape of you; I'm in love with your body."

"Last night you were in my room, now my bedsheets smell like you."

Why isn't the MeToo Movement coming after this?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, again, Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" is on the radio all the freakin' time, and that some blatantly promotes objectifying women and fornication.

"I'm in love with the shape of you; I'm in love with your body."

"Last night you were in my room, now my bedsheets smell like you."

Why isn't the MeToo Movement coming after this?
Because, one sounds like rape in a more modern context, the other sounds like someone enjoying/desiring a normal human thing.
Obviously people are overreacting to a short little line in a Christmas song, but are they really overreacting that much? I mean, can you really blame people for thinking a thing that sounds bad is bad, especially when you consider how old and potentially outdated something is. Sure these people are lazy and could've just googled the actual meaning of the lyrics, but how many people do you know who actually study the historical meanings behind Christmas songs?