Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The main issue is the costly amount of having to digitize 130 episodes in a short time. The most they could do is just give like monthly volume releases to complete an entire season (like just 13/14 episodes every 4-5 months or something). And even then most consumers would get bored seeing the same thing anyway. (It's happened to me as well, which is why I would take breaks in between).

gravy

Reaction score
I think if they took the time to re-digitize/restore the early episodes, they could certainly do the feature that the Mister Rogers website is doing, streaming 5 straight episodes on their website (and maybe a complete redesign for once) every week or so.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You're right, my fault.

I think what I meant to say was - it might be costly enough just to make one entire DVD box set for 130 episodes. Sesame Workshop doesn't have the budget.

Unless Shout Factory surprises us somehow.

gravy

Reaction score
I thought they already digitized every episode a long time ago.
Sure, they've digitized plenty, but they haven't RESTORED all of them.

You're right, my fault.

I think what I meant to say was - it might be costly enough just to make one entire DVD box set for 130 episodes. Sesame Workshop doesn't have the budget.

Unless Shout Factory surprises us somehow.
I think if they were to do a whole season, it'd come out in Blu-ray, or a DVD box set. But then again, that might not be necessary as a lot of it wouldn't have much educational value nowadays and there's plenty of filler.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I once came across a super old thread on here from 2003, where someone brought up the possibility of SW producing a DVD set of the show's full series. Even back then, other people stated how impossible it would be to pull off...which is true, because by Season 34, there were well over 4000 episodes!

At one point, Guille (Sawing14s/Boober_Gorg/Muppet_VJ) brought up an idea that I approve of and I'm sure a lot of you guys too. I sadly doubt it will happen anytime soon, but still...you never know...

Hopefully my ideas will make some sense ... the only purpose I see for a Sesame Street episode DVD project is to raise MORE money for PBS, Sesame Workshop, or Noggin, or whatever.

The way I picture it, there would be a catalogue that lists each episode, along with its description/lessons. The customer would fill out the order form and say which episodes they wanted to see (with a limit of four or five per order). No one would be crazy enough to want to see ALL 4000+ of them, so they'd just pick out the ones they thought looked the most interesting (Big Bird's Insomnia, SS Goes To Prison, etc.), or the ones that would be most beneficial to their family (#1839), or the ones they remember most, and of which they want to relive their memories.

The episode DVDs would be treated with care like food at a (good) restaurant ... they wouldn't be made until they were ordered, because no one wants to go to the trouble of making them all at once (see above posts). If the project were treated with the kind of care it deserves, they'd take a shorter time to make the DVDs than A&E did with the FREAKIN' BIOGRAPHY DVD THAT TOOK FOUR FREAKIN' MONTHS TO REACH ME!! .... whew, excuse me, just lettin' off a little steam. Plus, the more orders they get, the more money they'll get, and the more DVDs they'll be able to make and sell, and badda bing! It sounds like I'm going overboard, but hey, I've made SOME sense, haven't I?

Oh, and for the record - I think a single DVD would only fit TWO SS episodes.