Snuffy's Parents Get a Divorce

dwayne1115

Reaction score
To me it had even more emotion in it because it was Snuffy.
I could have cared less if it was some human like muppet or Elmo. The fact that he was so un-human and still having this trouble was really something to me...Something about those big sad eyes I guess.

I had no trouble with who they picked, more than anything it was the fact that they only focused on the bad side of things and did not show any of the hope side, more than anything, that their daddy was not gone forever, that there would not be anymore yelling, etc...

It's one of those things that unless you saw it yourself when you were little you can't really comment on why it did'nt 'work'. It's really something you have to have seen with a certain mindset...

Like I said, I come from a very good case of divorce for the right reasons and it even depressed me :stick_out_tongue:
I see your point, I to have been through divorce but never saw the show i really would like to thought.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I see your point, I to have been through divorce but never saw the show i really would like to thought.
I think it is a real part of SS history that should be shown even if it is not canon anymore. Like in a collectors set for adults to decide if they want to show it :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think it is a real part of SS history that should be shown even if it is not canon anymore. Like in a collectors set for adults to decide if they want to show it :smile:
oh i know i think a lot of use older SS fans would want to have that in there collection of old school Sesame Street. Just like with Mr. Hoopers death it is a big part of the shows history. Kind of the way the Muppets Celebreat Jim Henson was a part of the classic muppets history.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Ten-year old bump (mwahahahaha :scary:); dialogue was unearthed a couple days ago at the Lost Media Wiki:

Something even more interesting is they just reused the Snuffy puppet for his dad, as if the episode wasn't confusing enough.

While on the topic of the Lost Media Wiki, I have never seen a forum lose so much activity to a discord overnight... and people think this place is bad. It's been months since I've seen a moderator even comment on that site, and even longer since I've seen the founder, dycaite.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Ten-year old bump (mwahahahaha :scary:); dialogue was unearthed a couple days ago at the Lost Media Wiki:

Something even more interesting is they just reused the Snuffy puppet for his dad, as if the episode wasn't confusing enough.

While on the topic of the Lost Media Wiki, I have never seen a forum lose so much activity to a discord overnight... and people think this place is bad. It's been months since I've seen a moderator even comment on that site, and even longer since I've seen the founder, dycaite.
I used to be on there myself, but left sometime last year.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually would be down to see the street scenes screened at a con event as a once in a lifetime viewing (probably the best way to play safe by that point).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

I can kind of see why this wasn't aired, it does seem a bit harsh. And I imagine if any of the test audience did understand the concept of divorce some might've been afraid that the same would happen with Gordon and Susan, or Maria and Luis.
I'm definitely glad that they went another route when they covered Abby's parents' divorce. Less about the parents relationship with each other, and more about their relationship with their kid.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah; I know Alice was short-tempered, but her beating up the teddy bear was a bit excessive.
Yeah, definitely seems pretty dramatic for the show.

Still, I wonder if this episode is at all canon. Are Snuffy and Alice's parents divorced? I can't really recall their father ever being mentioned.