What made you roll your eyes today thread?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Had to start all over again in a music game I've been playing for a long time because I kept losing at a certain level.

Lost all of the hard earned progress as well.

:rolleyes:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It did get saved at first but then once I finished a certain level, the old restore was all gone.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ella makes a remark about being a woman in the workforce, implying it's one of the reasons why she's always under so much pressure and not your typical jolly and saccharine Christmas elf.
Doesn't sound sexist to me. Seems pretty realistic. :skeptical:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought! I mean, it's not like she blatantly and bluntly cries sexism in the workplace, it's more of a passing comment, but it still acknowledges that even today, women in the workplace are often still under a lot of pressure in comparison to their male coworkers. I even point out in her backstory that she's the first female to hold the position of Head Elf In Charge Of Stuff at Santa's Workshop. Injecting a bit of topical humor seems to always work well in Steve-related material in any context, so I figured what the heck, I'd throw in a little something like this.

But I guess not. *Shrug*

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought! I mean, it's not like she blatantly and bluntly cries sexism in the workplace, it's more of a passing comment, but it still acknowledges that even today, women in the workplace are often still under a lot of pressure in comparison to their male coworkers. I even point out in her backstory that she's the first female to hold the position of Head Elf In Charge Of Stuff at Santa's Workshop. Injecting a bit of topical humor seems to always work well in Steve-related material in any context, so I figured what the heck, I'd throw in a little something like this.

But I guess not. *Shrug*
I'm confused, who was it that even complained? Sounds like one of those people that gets mad simply because someone mentions that sexism or racism exists.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My assistant, and her puppeteer, which does actually make me wonder if maybe this is something like a double-standard. Like, is a comment like that, which clearly seems to have no effect on guys like you, me, or Alex, actually insensitive to women because of its context?

Granted, I don't understand women, I really don't. It brings to mind what I've always said, like how women can be as critical as they want to of men's appearances, but men say anything about a woman's appearance that's perceived as negative or critical, and it's a night on the couch and big chills until they apologize.

Either way, if either of them can come up with a "better" line, then we'll just go along with that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My assistant, and her puppeteer, which does actually make me wonder if maybe this is something like a double-standard. Like, is a comment like that, which clearly seems to have no effect on guys like you, me, or Alex, actually insensitive to women because of its context?
Yeah, I guess that's probably it.