Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh lord, it's like watching children bickering. Pence is just sitting there wondering how he got attached to this man.

"We are doing it much under budget." This is suppose to be a business man?
He said himself that his Wall would not get the votes, but insists on going forward with it. You don't continually mash a round peg into a square hole, you look for the square hole.
I don't agree with the Democrats on a lot of things, but at the very least they seem to be trying to hammer out a compromise. Trump is my wall or no government real mature.

MWoO

Reaction score
He said himself that his Wall would not get the votes, but insists on going forward with it. You don't continually mash a round peg into a square hole, you look for the square hole.
I don't agree with the Democrats on a lot of things, but at the very least they seem to be trying to hammer out a compromise. Trump is my wall or no government real mature.
He is losing support from his base as time goes on. If he doesn't get this wall in his first term he risks losing more support in the 2020 election. The economy had a growth spurt which was already trending up from Obama. Recently that spurt took a dive. When 2020 rolls around he likely won't have a strong economy to rely on. He is just grasping at straws.

I would like to see an actual financially conservative president and see what happens. Someone who lives up to the ideals they pretend to stand for, without any religious baggage. Trump has in no way shown himself to be a real conservative. He just used republicans and anti-Hillary votes to grab power.

Our debt continues to grow, we spend likes it's going out of style, and the democrats want more and more people dependent on them. We need someone that will turn the budget inside out and figure out why we waste so much money.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
He is losing support from his base as time goes on. If he doesn't get this wall in his first term he risks losing more support in the 2020 election. The economy had a growth spurt which was already trending up from Obama. Recently that spurt took a dive. When 2020 rolls around he likely won't have a strong economy to rely on. He is just grasping at straws.

I would like to see an actual financially conservative president and see what happens. Someone who lives up to the ideals they pretend to stand for, without any religious baggage. Trump has in no way shown himself to be a real conservative. He just used republicans and anti-Hillary votes to grab power.

Our debt continues to grow, we spend likes it's going out of style, and the democrats want more and more people dependent on them. We need someone that will turn the budget inside out and figure out why we waste so much money.
I completely agree with you on that!

Censored

Reaction score
It must be fun to spew out statements with absolutely no research to validate it.

Censored

Reaction score
It’s the same old right-wing soundbite accusing Democrats of being reckless with spending and praising Republicans for being careful. Mighty funny then that from 1988-2016, every disastrous economy was under a Republican President and every prosperous economy was under a Democrat President.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall.
He's flip-flopped on that even before he went into Office. First he said we were going to pay for the wall, then he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall, then he said we were going to pay for the wall again and have Mexico reimburse us for it, then he went back to saying Mexico was going to pay for it.

This is one of the few areas where Trump excels.

It’s the same old right-wing soundbite accusing Democrats of being reckless with spending and praising Republicans for being careful. Mighty funny then that from 1988-2016, every disastrous economy was under a Republican President and every prosperous economy was under a Democrat President.
This much you're right about. Just in my lifetime, there was the White Collar Recession the same year I was born in which my family lost everything they ever worked for when G.H.W. Bush was President, a more thriving economy when Clinton was President, then the Great Recession at the end of G.W. Bush's second term, then how it took Obama into the beginning of his second term to fix it.

There's an old meme that says "Republicans create recessions; Democrats create jobs." There's some truth to that.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
To quote you, "It must be fun to spew out statements with absolutely no research to validate it."

Here's a breakdown of the economic growth by president:

https://www.hudson.org/research/12714-economic-growth-by-president

https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.hudson.org/images/20160808AndersonGDPChartAvg.jpg

And the worst economic growth on that list? Democrat

Censored

Reaction score