Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Censored

Reaction score

Censored

Reaction score
I can only assume that Censored is up to his usual shenanigans. Yes, he does in fact just make stuff up and twist words of those he does not agree with. He ignores any information that goes against his views and personally attacks people for no reason. He acts exactly like Trump, only with opposite political views.
Maybe if you got out of your bubble, you'd know what was going on.

Censored

Reaction score
It's funny how right-wingers will only use information that has been twisted by other conservatives to say what they want and then defend it as "unbiased fact." Yet, when a mainstream news outlet states facts they don't agree with, they dismiss it as "fake news from the liberal media."

Censored

Reaction score
It's a measurement of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP)!!! It is an economic indicator used by governments and businesses. It does not change depending on who reports it. If the New York Times reports it, it's the same measurement. If the Washington Post reports it, it's the same. If the Los Angeles Times reports it, it's the same. If your local shopper reports it, it's the same. If your high school newspaper reports it, it's the same. Here's a link if you want to actually read up on it:
So, post the link to these sources and see if it says exactly the same thing about the GDP. Numbers are numbers, but the formulas used to get them can be quite different. Oversimplification much?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
No, I get it from your own words: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...ead-lets-just-see.63654/page-112#post-1251816

Unless you were just saying that to get a reaction, in which case it would make you a troll (And a hypocrite since you made it clear that you had no use for trolls).
1) I'm impressed and flattered that you keep a notebook of my posts and what I say. I'll try to keep that in mind when I post in the future that I am a big influence on you.

2) That was obviously a joke. I think most people here understood that. And just in case you didn't, the BIG GRIN smiley face of Dr. Teeth at the end of the post should have clued you in.

3) It is possible to make a joke about something and not be a troll.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
"GDP growth is an imperfect measure of economic impact, but if you’re going to use it, here are the correct numbers.":

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ing-presidents-economic-records-by-gdp-growth
So, let me get this straight. You criticize my source as being biased and then you post a source which is an OPINION piece? Says so right at the very top of the webpage.

And the other interesting thing about that piece that you yourself cited? It directly refutes what you stated as fact earlier.

"Mighty funny then that from 1988-2016, every disastrous economy was under a Republican President and every prosperous economy was under a Democrat President."​

But from your own source, President Reagan (R) had a pretty prosperous administration. President Obama (D) had a pretty disastrous administration. Not much better than President Bush's. So I guess you really don't know what you are talking about, now do you?

It must be fun to spew out statements with absolutely no research to validate it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Snowth and I were talking about this a couple nights ago.

We're at that point where now we just put labels and make up alternative facts to stuff we don't like.

MWoO

Reaction score
1) I'm impressed and flattered that you keep a notebook of my posts and what I say. I'll try to keep that in mind when I post in the future that I am a big influence on you.

2) That was obviously a joke. I think most people here understood that. And just in case you didn't, the BIG GRIN smiley face of Dr. Teeth at the end of the post should have clued you in.

3) It is possible to make a joke about something and not be a troll.
I think Censored may be autistic. I dont mean that in a derogatory way. I legitimately think he is and has a difficult time responding appropriately in certain social situations or recognizing sarcasm. I have know a few autistic people and he seems like an extreme example. I myself am on the spectrum and have had to lesrn how to recognize certain social cues. I have trouble telling when people are being sarcastic unless i know them well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I used to be the same way (I'm also learning disabled but not autistic; just a bit slow and have some ADHD and a little dyslexia) and used to have alot of trouble conveying sarcasm.

Now, I've managed to catch onto it as I developed a bit of a sarcastic sense of humor myself, though I also have my moments of being oblivious.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Sarcasm works OK in real life, but on forums on the internet it is definitely hard to convey or detect. It's even harder to detect when one is always in the attack mode or has their undies in a bunch.