The Muppets to appear in Carpool Karaoke: The Series Season 2!

MWoO

Reaction score
Also, either the Gonzo puppet is REALLY restrictive and in need of a rebuild, or Dave is having a hard time performing.

Edit: Also...not really liking Piggy. I've been watching a lot of old Muppet stuff and really miss the old Miss Piggy, back when she didn't flip out every five seconds.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, something was definitely up with that Gonzo puppet. Dave's age/abilities might also have been a factor (see the 2016 Macy's Parade opening for similar results).

I thought it was...eh. Came off mostly awkward and not all that humorous (like, what was up with that Freddy Mercury bit?). Fozzie was a highlight tho.

re: Piggy. I think part of the problem was that this wasn't written by any Muppet folk (Jim Lewis or Kirk Thatcher), so they don't have much of a handle on the characters.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know why, but out of all the characters Frank Oz's have been so out of character as of late. Don't get me wrong I love Eric Jacobson, but he can only do so much with what is written for him.

Gonzo's bit was really flat, as well as Pepe, but again this is what happens when you have non Muppet writers writing for the Muppets.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Now this proves the Muppets are getting some attention!
P.S. Was the appearance done with or without Disney's consent?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The videos on MEGA Link weren't working for me, so I downloaded them and put them on YT. The video's are unlisted so I won't get trouble. Here they are in case anyone else has problems with MEGA Link: tPbazd-dgLA, HYo1yToKRRM

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
The issue some of you are seeing with Gonzo is obvious but also easy to miss...the puppet had no tongue in his mouth which made him look really odd. How did they not even notice this???

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Geez what’s going on with making Gonzo at Puppet Heap? I know sometimes they run out of fur and materials like what happened with Fozzie but, at least he still looks like Fozzie.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I really have no problem with Gonzo in my opinion.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now that I've had time to watch it, I liked it. My favorite parts were Pepe's falsetto during Under Pressure and him calling Jason Stacy. I find it interesting that David Rudman wasn't there, as evidenced by the fact that Janice didn't talk and Scooter wasn't there. I would've liked to see Scooter sing something in this. I also loved the Muppets' reaction to hearing Rainbow Connection on the radio. Particularly Pepe going "Da-da-da-da-do-da-dee."