Please Read

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm using my sports fan brain to think about this

In sport if fans aren't happy with team or are unhappy with the ownership they want change and if change isn't brought to the table they want a leadership change.

Thats what I want. I want changes to the fourm. If that doesn't happen I want an ownership change
Using your sports fan analogy, how much do you pay to go see your favorite team? Do you think that your favorite team is run to win games and win games only or is it run to make a profit?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
What does that really have to do with anything
Using your sports fan analogy, how much do you pay to go see your favorite team? Do you think that your favorite team is run to win games and win games only or is it run to make a profit?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Nothing.

But just because I don't pay for something doesn't mean I can't ask for the mods to improve and do better.
Our moaning and negativity will hopefully bring good things to the site if they listen to what we are saying

#FixOurForum

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Nothing.

But just because I don't pay for something doesn't mean I can't ask for the mods to improve and do better.
Our moaning and negativity will hopefully bring good things to the site if they listen to what we are saying

#FixOurForum
When has moaning and complaining ever solved anything?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Your not getting it

I'm a muppet fan. We're all muppet fans and we deserve somewhere brilliant where we can express that. This place is in need of a major revamp. From top to bottom. It's us fans joining here that has made MC popular and a lot of younger fans have made up the numbers in the last 9 years. A lot of us are unhappy.

MWoO

Reaction score
This got off track real fast.

Personally, i am sad to see that Muppet Central lacks updates on its main site. This is the site where I learned about the Palisades line that in many ways changed my life. Now there is almost nothing new on the main site, even though things have happened. No mention of the Diamond Select line? No mention of the 2015 show? Nothing about the live performances? Nothing about Steve being fired?!?

I get it, Philip has a life and can't update like he use to. Thats cool. But people are offering to help him and being ignored. I dont want to see this site die. It was a great site with lots of content. But if this was the only Muppet site that someone visted, they wouldn't know about anything that happened within the last few years.

Yes, they did make forum posts on those subjects, but literally anyone can do that. We dont need Philip to do that for us, we need him to do the bigger stuff. He should give others here the job of posting update threads and work on the actual site, or at least take the offer others have made to do that work for him.

I guess I am just nostalgic for how it use to be when I joined. Every few days we had news of more Muppets figures, customs being made, statues being released, movies coming out, viral videos, etc. Yes, the activity was due to actual projects happening, but the site would lost about these things and promote activity. Now it seems that even when something happens there is little buzz. I just miss the days where various people were posting new creations inspired by the Muppets. I miss @Dearth and @ZootTheSaxman.

I don't know. Maybe i just miss the old days when there was stuff to look forward to as opposed to looking back at what was and is no more.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Your not getting it

I'm a muppet fan. We're all muppet fans and we deserve somewhere brilliant where we can express that. This place is in need of a major revamp. From top to bottom. It's us fans joining here that has made MC popular and a lot of younger fans have made up the numbers in the last 9 years. A lot of us are unhappy.
I guess I see it differently. We don't deserve anything. That comes across as a sense of entitlement. We don't pay a cent to use this site. It costs Phil money to run the site. He can run it as he sees fit. Yes, you can complain and ask for improvements. That is your right and feel free. But to state that we deserve it or demand that they improve the site or else sell it comes across as a bit, well . . . . I won't say it.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
This got off track real fast.

Personally, i am sad to see that Muppet Central lacks updates on its main site. This is the site where I learned about the Palisades line that in many ways changed my life. Now there is almost nothing new on the main site, even though things have happened. No mention of the Diamond Select line? No mention of the 2015 show? Nothing about the live performances? Nothing about Steve being fired?!?

I get it, Philip has a life and can't update like he use to. Thats cool. But people are offering to help him and being ignored. I dont want to see this site die. It was a great site with lots of content. But if this was the only Muppet site that someone visted, they wouldn't know about anything that happened within the last few years.

Yes, they did make forum posts on those subjects, but literally anyone can do that. We dont need Philip to do that for us, we need him to do the bigger stuff. He should give others here the job of posting update threads and work on the actual site, or at least take the offer others have made to do that work for him.

I guess I am just nostalgic for how it use to be when I joined. Every few days we had news of more Muppets figures, customs being made, statues being released, movies coming out, viral videos, etc. Yes, the activity was due to actual projects happening, but the site would lost about these things and promote activity. Now it seems that even when something happens there is little buzz. I just miss the days where various people were posting new creations inspired by the Muppets. I miss @Dearth and @ZootTheSaxman.

I don't know. Maybe i just miss the old days when there was stuff to look forward to as opposed to looking back at what was and is no more.
Yes, I miss the ol' days as well. Part of it is the fact that the Muppets ain't what they used to be. No denying that. They had a brief resurgence when the Palisades line came out. Then they floundered a bit. It does seem like the Muppets are trying to make a comeback, albeit in spurts. We get a few small appearances here and there. But, sadly, it is still a struggling franchise. But to miss posting anything about the Muppet Live appearances, to name one, is inexcusable.

And another part of it is the lack of updates and active management of the site. Nothing on the main page is updated, regardless of anything happening with the Muppets. I was not aware that others have offered to help out with updating the website on a regular basis. If that is the case, then that is on Phil and he deserves the criticism. I'm not going to go so far as demand he sell the site, but he could, at the very least, turn over management of the site to an active manager then.

And I apologize to Blake for coming off a bit strong. We are all passionate about the Muppets and MC, but I just think it is wrong to see our participation here as a right when it is in fact a privilege. We should ask for improvements and push for them. But to demand them or threaten them is rude.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I am in no way threatening anybody to make changes. How dare you say I am.

We are trying to get Ed and Phil to listen to us so changes can be made to make Muppet Central better. We are not demanding anything. We just want what's best for the fourm

Yes, I miss the ol' days as well. Part of it is the fact that the Muppets ain't what they used to be. No denying that. They had a brief resurgence when the Palisades line came out. Then they floundered a bit. It does seem like the Muppets are trying to make a comeback, albeit in spurts. We get a few small appearances here and there. But, sadly, it is still a struggling franchise. But to miss posting anything about the Muppet Live appearances, to name one, is inexcusable.

And another part of it is the lack of updates and active management of the site. Nothing on the main page is updated, regardless of anything happening with the Muppets. I was not aware that others have offered to help out with updating the website on a regular basis. If that is the case, then that is on Phil and he deserves the criticism. I'm not going to go so far as demand he sell the site, but he could, at the very least, turn over management of the site to an active manager then.

And I apologize to Blake for coming off a bit strong. We are all passionate about the Muppets and MC, but I just think it is wrong to see our participation here as a right when it is in fact a privilege. We should ask for improvements and push for them. But to demand them or threaten them is rude.