Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@MuppetsRule sorry to hear you were homeless. That’s honestly one of my biggest fears in life.
It's a b!+c#, man. Like I said in another post a while back, there's been times where my folks and I would be stuck in the same hotel room for weeks, sometimes months at a time until we could find somewhere else to move . . . believe me, having to pay for three people in a hotel room on a regular basis can drain the bank really, really quickly . . . not to mention, the staff gets so fed up with you that they look for any excuse just to get rid of you.

If the hotels had pools, that offered a couple of hours of relief from the monotony, but that wasn't always the case. Again, one time, when both of my parents were away, I literally belted out "Cabin Fever" at the top of my lungs, dancing around the whole room, just to let out frustrations.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
@MuppetsRule sorry to hear you were homeless. That’s honestly one of my biggest fears in life.
Thanks but it's alright. I had good friends that would let me crash here and there. But it also helped shape who I am today. Im always willing to put my change into the red kettles or any other charities I see fit. I just dont like the government taking my hard earned money and telling me they know how to better spend it. I've worked a state job for a brief time. I've seen how incredible wasteful government spending is. I've seen how inefficient government programs are. I've seen those taking advantage of and abusing the govt assistance programs. They were always intended as a safety net for the less fortunate. It's a shame that others abuse the programs and ruin it.

Censored

Reaction score
As for racism, I HONESTLY do not believe anyone here would burn a cross on someone’s lawn (I can however see a few sitting by it to warm themselves if it was a cold enough night).

Censored

Reaction score
Thanks but it's alright. I had good friends that would let me crash here and there. But it also helped shape who I am today. Im always willing to put my change into the red kettles or any other charities I see fit. I just dont like the government taking my hard earned money and telling me they know how to better spend it. I've worked a state job for a brief time. I've seen how incredible wasteful government spending is. I've seen how inefficient government programs are. I've seen those taking advantage of and abusing the govt assistance programs. They were always intended as a safety net for the less fortunate. It's a shame that others abuse the programs and ruin it.
Yep, it’s a shame that the private sector gets abused too with business corruption, making the honest ones look bad.

Censored

Reaction score
I just dont like the government taking my hard earned money and telling me they know how to better spend it.
Too bad. I don’t like the government taking my hard earned money to separate families.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
What's funny is there are at least 3 of us (D'snowth, MWoO and I) with a similar background of tough times. I'm sure there's more in here as well. I can't speak for the rest of them but I'm **** proud of what I've accomplished in life despite it. And I'm not going to let some snot-nosed little twit who has nothing better to do than instigate arguments tell me how "lucky" and "privileged" I am. If I were to hazard a guess, that little twit has had a better and more privileged life than any of us.

Censored

Reaction score
What's funny is there are at least 3 of us (D'snowth, MWoO and I) with a similar background of tough times. I'm sure there's more in here as well. I can't speak for the rest of them but I'm **** proud of what I've accomplished in life despite it. And I'm not going to let some snot-nosed little twit who has nothing better to do than instigate arguments tell me how "lucky" and "privileged" I am. If I were to hazard a guess, that little twit has had a better and more privileged life than any of us.
I didn’t, but I’m not going to whine about people saying otherwise like some do.