Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
Is that why you made yourself White?
Stop. Being white does not automatically make someone lucky. There are plenty of non-white people that have more than I do. Dont be so stupid as to think being white really means anything anymore. I know plenty of people in my field that were hired because they were black or female or whatever. My old manager specifically said he wanted to hire a black female to run front end operations and that is all he has hired for that position, even if someone else might be better qualified. Dont act like there aren't benefits for all races and genders

Censored

Reaction score
The real funny thing is that I never said that anyone here lived a privileged life (How could I possibly know that)? I said that a member SOUNDS like someone who has lived a privileged life based on his posts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's funny is there are at least 3 of us (D'snowth, MWoO and I) with a similar background of tough times. I'm sure there's more in here as well. I can't speak for the rest of them but I'm **** proud of what I've accomplished in life despite it.
I'll admit, I feel like there's so much more I wish I could have accomplished . . . unfortunately, I feel part of it was being born at the wrong time. Granted, the entertainment industry was never an easy one to break into (even way back when, there was the popular phrase, "don't call us, we'll call you"), but back then, it was considerably easier, because there was much greater respect for quality and the overall creative process in what went into making TV shows and movies and such - as opposed to today, where the little guys like me are kind of shunned and cast aside, because we'll never amount to anything. Even on YouTube - an outlet that was created specifically for little guys like me - it's the bigger channels by people who do nothing but make vlogs about their lives, or what new gadgets they bought, or review what movies they saw, or counting down top 10 lists, or what have you, who get all the exposure and attention, while little guys like me - who actually put time, work, and effort into actually creating something artistic to share - are consistently swept under the rug and hidden under a bushel.

Granted, I never set out to become a YouTube celebrity, but rather, I just wanted to use it as a tool to help boost myself as a creator/producer/puppeteer with potential, and that I would eventually move on to something bigger, and better (I still got tons of ideas for shows and even movies that still have never gotten off the ground) . . . but that never happened.

And, now that my mom's permanently disabled, and I've pretty much become her full-time caretaker, while my dad still works full-time as a truck driver (a blue collar profession where the workers are continually exploited and screwed by the white collar higher-ups, hence the periods where we've had struggles while growing up), I'm still not exactly sure what my next move should be. I know at least a couple of options are working from home (like a customer service rep or something), or finding some kind of part-time work that's close to home so I won't have to be too far from my mom . . . if I had more subscribers on YouTube, I could probably monetize my content, but I'm nowhere near the minimum number of subscribers required to monetize.

Censored

Reaction score
Stop. Being white does not automatically make someone lucky. There are plenty of non-white people that have more than I do. Dont be so stupid as to think being white really means anything anymore. I know plenty of people in my field that were hired because they were black or female or whatever. My old manager specifically said he wanted to hire a black female to run front end operations and that is all he has hired for that position, even if someone else might be better qualified. Dont act like there aren't benefits for all races and genders
The conservative deliberate delusion: “Racism against minorities is dead in the USA.” Get your head out of the sand and take a look around. An African American man can’t even call his mother in a hotel he’s staying at without getting harassed.

MWoO

Reaction score
The conservative deliberate delusion: “Racism against minorities is dead in the USA.” Get your head out of the sand and take a look around. An African American man can’t even call his mother in a hotel he’s staying at without getting harassed.
I didnt say racism didnt exist. But when things like racial quotas and affirmative action exist you cant tell me there are no benefits to being a minority as well.

Censored

Reaction score
I didnt say racism didnt exist. But when things like racial quotas and affirmative action exist you cant tell me there are no benefits to being a minority as well.
Balancing a scale does not make it uneven.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Legit though! It’s stuff like this I hate with the media and both parties - determining someone’s life or situation based on their skin color or gender.

I’m pretty much everything the extreme liberals hate (my old term “cisgendered straight white Christian male”) and still choose to stay in that area. I’m sure they’d probably be assuming my life is so perfect right now (as if).

I mean, just the fact that I wanted to kill myself three times last year (and I’m thankful I was always quick to stop myself) definitely shows how perfect my life is as a white man, right?

Case in point though, it’s super annoying when people assume no one has anything going on in their lives based on their skin color or gender.