Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Is that why you made yourself a White, heterosexual, male?
I'll give you an example of me creating my own luck. I am now going to put you on ignore and I feel very lucky for not having to read your senseless, ill-informed, ignorant, repetitive and argument-baiting dribble anymore. And I would suggest others do the same. They'll feel much luckier in life as well. And this thread would be better as well. And you? Well, good luck in whatever path you choose in life once you graduate from middle school. Hopefully you find a career path that is rewarding to you and somehow you grow out of the bitterness and hate you have for others.

Censored

Reaction score
It’s easy for a White person to say there are no advantages to being White and that racism is exaggerated. That’s because they’re seeing it through their own life only. Of course, some could argue that I can’t get it either because I’m White. But, at least I can see things past my own experience. I can have empathy for people who are of different races, different cultures, different sexual orientations, a different gender, etc. Unlike conservatives, it doesn’t have to happen to me personally before I care.

MWoO

Reaction score
It’s easy for a White person to say there are no advantages to being White and that racism is exaggerated. That’s because they’re seeing it through their own life only. Of course, some could argue that I can’t get it either because I’m White. But, at least I can see things past my own experience. I can have empathy for people who are of different races, different cultures, different sexual orientations, a different gender, etc. Unlike conservatives, it doesn’t have to happen to me personally before I care.
You idiot. I've lived and worked with a mostly black people most of my life. I speak to more black people on a daily basis than you have in your entire life. To you they are some mythical race that you have only heard tales of. In reality they are just people. No one ive ever worked with or been friends with has complained about racism keeping them down..

Does racism exist? Yes. Mostly from a few small minded people. Does being white have some benefits sometimes? Yes, just like being black has benefirs or being gay can have benefits. Everything has benefits and obstacles. Its called life.

MWoO

Reaction score
I'll give you an example of me creating my own luck. I am now going to put you on ignore and I feel very lucky for not having to read your senseless, ill-informed, ignorant, repetitive and argument-baiting dribble anymore. And I would suggest others do the same. They'll feel much luckier in life as well. And this thread would be better as well. And you? Well, good luck in whatever path you choose in life once you graduate from middle school. Hopefully you find a career path that is rewarding to you and somehow you grow out of the bitterness and hate you have for others.
Can we all agree to do this? The only reason I take him off ignore every so often is because i see people respond to posts that arent there so i hit show ignored content. Dwayne, littlejerry d'snowth, old thunder, and others; lets all just agree to put him on ignore.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'll admit, I feel like there's so much more I wish I could have accomplished . . . unfortunately, I feel part of it was being born at the wrong time. Granted, the entertainment industry was never an easy one to break into (even way back when, there was the popular phrase, "don't call us, we'll call you"), but back then, it was considerably easier, because there was much greater respect for quality and the overall creative process in what went into making TV shows and movies and such - as opposed to today, where the little guys like me are kind of shunned and cast aside, because we'll never amount to anything. Even on YouTube - an outlet that was created specifically for little guys like me - it's the bigger channels by people who do nothing but make vlogs about their lives, or what new gadgets they bought, or review what movies they saw, or counting down top 10 lists, or what have you, who get all the exposure and attention, while little guys like me - who actually put time, work, and effort into actually creating something artistic to share - are consistently swept under the rug and hidden under a bushel.

Granted, I never set out to become a YouTube celebrity, but rather, I just wanted to use it as a tool to help boost myself as a creator/producer/puppeteer with potential, and that I would eventually move on to something bigger, and better (I still got tons of ideas for shows and even movies that still have never gotten off the ground) . . . but that never happened.

And, now that my mom's permanently disabled, and I've pretty much become her full-time caretaker, while my dad still works full-time as a truck driver (a blue collar profession where the workers are continually exploited and screwed by the white collar higher-ups, hence the periods where we've had struggles while growing up), I'm still not exactly sure what my next move should be. I know at least a couple of options are working from home (like a customer service rep or something), or finding some kind of part-time work that's close to home so I won't have to be too far from my mom . . . if I had more subscribers on YouTube, I could probably monetize my content, but I'm nowhere near the minimum number of subscribers required to monetize.
I've seen some of your work D. You're very creative and good. You should feel proud of it. Life is much easier when people stop measuring success and satisfaction by their salary or career. Maybe you're not the next Youtube celeb. Maybe you're not the next hot producer/puppeteer. But if you are satisfied with your work and proud of it then you've succeeded. Success is measured by feeling a sense of personal accomplishment and satisfaction. Not by subscribers, viewers or dollars. And as far as staying home and caring for you mom, that is a very noble thing and something you should be proud of. It's these challenges in life that make us who we are.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Can we all agree to do this? The only reason I take him off ignore every so often is because i see people respond to posts that arent there so i hit show ignored content. Dwayne, littlejerry d'snowth, old thunder, and others; lets all just agree to put him on ignore.
I'm already in but you have to fight the urge to hit Show Ignored Content. If you are wondering what you are missing I can summarize it for you:

Racist
Privileged
Right-wing extremist
Child murderer
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm sure I'm missing something

Censored

Reaction score
Heck yeah, if you can’t stand the heat... (Since we’re doing cliches).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'll admit, I feel like there's so much more I wish I could have accomplished . . . unfortunately, I feel part of it was being born at the wrong time. Granted, the entertainment industry was never an easy one to break into (even way back when, there was the popular phrase, "don't call us, we'll call you"), but back then, it was considerably easier, because there was much greater respect for quality and the overall creative process in what went into making TV shows and movies and such - as opposed to today, where the little guys like me are kind of shunned and cast aside, because we'll never amount to anything. Even on YouTube - an outlet that was created specifically for little guys like me - it's the bigger channels by people who do nothing but make vlogs about their lives, or what new gadgets they bought, or review what movies they saw, or counting down top 10 lists, or what have you, who get all the exposure and attention, while little guys like me - who actually put time, work, and effort into actually creating something artistic to share - are consistently swept under the rug and hidden under a bushel.

Granted, I never set out to become a YouTube celebrity, but rather, I just wanted to use it as a tool to help boost myself as a creator/producer/puppeteer with potential, and that I would eventually move on to something bigger, and better (I still got tons of ideas for shows and even movies that still have never gotten off the ground) . . . but that never happened.

And, now that my mom's permanently disabled, and I've pretty much become her full-time caretaker, while my dad still works full-time as a truck driver (a blue collar profession where the workers are continually exploited and screwed by the white collar higher-ups, hence the periods where we've had struggles while growing up), I'm still not exactly sure what my next move should be. I know at least a couple of options are working from home (like a customer service rep or something), or finding some kind of part-time work that's close to home so I won't have to be too far from my mom . . . if I had more subscribers on YouTube, I could probably monetize my content, but I'm nowhere near the minimum number of subscribers required to monetize.
Wouldst a dream dreamt in twilight
Forced under the canopy by a lost soul
Stricken with misguided ailments
Cursed beyond the reaches of God’s light
Ever once return home by the sailing sun
Lofty and proud on its crimson bed
Of roses torn in the summer sky
On wings of moons yet to be climbed
And here the secrets unveiled
Bursting forth in a rapturous wound
Here is the answer that one may wish to find
It’s the dreamers that have made the world turn ‘round.

Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. You’re very talented; don’t give up yet, Snowth!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen some of your work D. You're very creative and good. You should feel proud of it. Life is much easier when people stop measuring success and satisfaction by their salary or career. Maybe you're not the next Youtube celeb. Maybe you're not the next hot producer/puppeteer. But if you are satisfied with your work and proud of it then you've succeeded. Success is measured by feeling a sense of personal accomplishment and satisfaction. Not by subscribers, viewers or dollars. And as far as staying home and caring for you mom, that is a very noble thing and something you should be proud of. It's these challenges in life that make us who we are.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do thoroughly enjoy what I do, and I do mainly do it for the art, not the glory, or the fame, or the numbers or anything like that; it's my passion, my drive, my life.

At the same time, the frustration is, lack of exposure means lack of feedback, and lack of feedback makes it really difficult to know whether or not anybody else out there notices or enjoys the art I put out to share. When I started out, I used to get much more constructive comments from people, pointing out what they liked about what they watched, what they might like to see as potential follow-ups, even suggestions of what could have been said or done for a different kind of effect or punchline or whatever; in recent years, I mostly get maybe just a couple of generic, "That's funny" comments.

I'm not saying I want people to write essays and dissect my work or anything, but I do find constructive comments and feedback useful and helpful, because it gives me an idea of what works, or what doesn't work, and sometimes people will even see things from an angle that even I didn't see - which is one of the reasons why I love art so much, because it's open to interpretation.