Since when does WMG own Sesame Street?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Nope, that'll never work they'll still crack down on full episodes there too.
Yup! And they can also crack down on short clips and that is why I gave up posting Sesame Street clips on Youtube since 2013.

gravy

Reaction score
I have to agree with Muzzario. And besides. I am currently uploading Sesame Street clips on Twitch! I had to give up posting Sesame Street clips on Youtube after Sesame Workshop put up a Copyright complaint on Youtube back in 2013. Besides that, I also posted episodes of Disney's Marsupilami on Twitch as well.
Twitch isn't for that kind of thing, bud. You're just as vulnerable to a copyright complaint on Twitch as you are on Youtube.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Twitch isn't for that kind of thing, bud. You're just as vulnerable to a copyright complaint on Twitch as you are on Youtube.
Twitch is different than Youtube. Their policy is different. Same with Dailymotion and Vimeo. I remember a video sharing site based in Australia called MegaVideo. Unfortunately it got shutdown in 2012 by the FBI for Copyright Complaints. And the owner of the site was arrested for that. I remember it had Sesame Street clips on there as well. And I sure do miss that site.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Any site you upload copyrighted material to without their consent is still infringing their rights and puts you at risk. End of discussion.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Has it happen to you?
I know people it's happened to.
Well, It happened to me when Family Communications gave me a copyright strike for posting the Mister Rogers Neighborhood clip on how Player Piano Scrolls are made. And Youtube forced me to watch "Happy Tree Friends: Youtube Copyright Lawsuit School" and take trivia questions about the law of Copyright.

gravy

Reaction score
Well, It happened to me when Family Communications gave me a copyright strike for posting the Mister Rogers Neighborhood clip on how Player Piano Scrolls are made. And Youtube forced me to watch "Happy Tree Friends: Youtube Copyright Lawsuit School" and take trivia questions about the law of Copyright.
Family Communications is known for that type of thing... Not only on Youtube but a lot of other platforms. Considering they also take down videos on Twitch, I don't think hiding there from SW would work any better.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Family Communications is known for that type of thing... Not only on Youtube but a lot of other platforms. Considering they also take down videos on Twitch, I don't think hiding there from SW would work any better.
@gavry There is a TV Tropes category called "Screwed by the Lawyers". https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScrewedByTheLawyers

I know that Douglas Walker (The Nostalgia Critic) created the hashtag #WTFU, Which is short for "Where's the Fair Use"?

Last edited: