Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
I mean.... chivalry should die in that in is based on the idea that women are property. Politeness, though, should not die. I hold the door for anyone, male of female, that may be coming up behind me. I wont rush in front of someone to open. The door for them though like a jerk, unless they are carrying things or disabled or something. Check etiquette should depend on who asked who out. If i ask someone out, i pay. If I am asked out, they pay. Dont ask me to go to a movie and then expect me to pay, thats rude. Or split it. If one of you is super rich and the other struggling, then the wealthier person should pay most of the time.

Just treat people like people. If you want to be romantically involved with them, be up front, but still treat them like people. If they are crazy and think holding a door is opression, cut them from your life.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean.... chivalry should die in that in is based on the idea that women are property.
I literally have never heard that argument.
I hold the door for anyone, male of female, that may be coming up behind me.
Same here, despite the stigma that if you hold the door open for a man, you're gay.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oh. My. God. That was the most vile preaching I've ever heard in my life. None of that pertained to anything spiritual and was just one ticked-off idiot using the Bible to justify his bigotry. I think it's high-time we started taxing churches like his. If they wanna get into the political spectrum, then it's time they paid their way in like the rest of "idiots" do.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Trump's now got commercials for his wall. . . .

Why am I surprised by this?