Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
ATTENTION EVERYONE

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD IT IS OLD NEWS. IF YOU ARE STILL WHINING ABOUT STEVE BEING FIRED PLEASE GET A GRIP.

THANKS

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Gonna say it again...I feel like people don’t want to keep seeing this thread because the situation with Steve really sucks, and people just don’t want to be reminded of it.

But here’s the thing...if people want to discuss it, they should be allowed to discuss it. This thread shouldn’t be closed just because YOU don’t want to see it. It’s not just about the firing anymore. It’s the results from the firing that are still being felt.

I personally feel like Kermit lost a lot of his soul with Steve gone. I just can’t get used to Vogel’s Kermit. It sounds like a bad impression to me, and all Disney being able to do with the character is make him sing Rainbow Connection doesn’t help at all. it’s a wound that’s not going to heal just because people would rather ignore it and demand this thread be closed. This is a situation that we’re going to feel for a long time as Steve’s characters still need to be replaced (who is doing Beaker and Statler now? What about Rizzo?).

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Peter Linz is now Statler,Link and Lips.
David Rudman is beaker
Rizzo is yet to be recast

All the puppeteers are doing fantastically well with their new characters including matt vogel

I saw them live at the O2 all of them were amazing

The fact that people are still whining about it two years on is pathetic tbh. Please get a grip

People get fired. That's life

Move on

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Peter Linz is now Statler,Link and Lips.
David Rudman is beaker
Rizzo is yet to be recast

All the puppeteers are doing fantastically well with their new characters including matt vogel

I saw them live at the O2 all of them were amazing

The fact that people are still whining about it two years on is pathetic tbh. Please get a grip

People get fired. That's life

Move on
Im glad you and a lot of others were able to get over this whole situation so easily, but the truth of the matter is some have not, and it will take them a lot longer to get over the whole thing.
I think the people who were lucky enough to see the concerts and see the recasting of Steve's characters are able to accept this a little easier, but for those of us who haven't had that exposure to the characters its just going to take time.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
A man was released from his position

He didn't die.

A grieving process of two years isn't needed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what’s scary?

I can already sense a future argument coming on this thread and then it ends up with this thread being permanently deleted. So then basically it’s like we had no history of even talking about Steve’s firing.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
A man was released from his position

He didn't die.

A grieving process of two years isn't needed.
This isn’t grieving. But it’s still amazing how members like yourself are trivializing how others feel about this. It’s actualy kind of disturbing.

It’s indicative of a greater problem with the Muppets being owned by Disney. That a character as iconic as Kermit can be ripped from the performer who gave him life for 26 years and just passed to someone else like it isn’t a big deal. Stuff like this is what destroys the soul of the Muppets.

And if people want to discuss it, they should be allowed to do so without members who can’t deal screaming how they’re tired of the topic and that this thread should be locked.

Don’t like it? Stop reading the thread. It’s not rocket science.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@DarthGonzo while I do understand the points you mentioned of people unhappy remembering that Steve was fired, I think another reason people have been trying to avoid this thread is because of its past history.

Let’s not forget - this thread literally caused huge wars and actually showed some true colors of some members over who was the better puppeteer. Given that some got chewed out just for saying they were unhappy that Steve was fired and that they were “wrong” about it, they probably just don’t want to re-live those memories.