Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll believe you for the fact that commercial is oppressive. Just...ugh... so 1989-1992, that thing is. I couldn't even watch that the whole way through because it's so freaking obnoxious, I almost turned into The Hulk...or a Super Saiyan...or something. Something that would have made me smash the computer I'm watching it on into thousands of pieces. I'd say I can only imagine how terrible the show is, but there are just some things you don't want to imagine.

I do have some vague memory of some Bozo show in the 80's, but I don't think it was that one. I don't think that version lasted too long either, and I think I'm confusing it with some Hasbro TV show block. You know, the one that wasn't the popular shows. Mr. Potatohead Kids, Glow Worm, and something else. I have some sort of memory blur that they were part of the same show, and I doubt they were.

Of course, I do have vivid memories of watching the 80's version of Romper Room...in all its dull as dishwater glory.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Okay. Know what show is incredibly anooying, but it has nothing to do with the show's content?

Dragonball Kai.

Insomuch as, the original Japanese version of the show stops at the end of the Cell arc because of ratings or wanting to put Toriko in the time slot or whatever. But well after it ending, it was announced that Kai would be continued for the international market, especially the US (where it's one of three anime anyone in this country's ever heard of, right up their with Sailor Moon and Pokemon).

So what happens?

Japan replaces Toriko's slot with the Kai episodes that were made for every country except them, and Funimation decides ehhh and skips to Dragon ball Super. So, the country the show was made for doesn't even get it.

Nice.
Goku and Gohan's voice actors have said DB Kai is in the final stages of dubbing for the Buu Saga, so don't worry.
Apparently, it should air on Toonami in December when the Cell Saga ends.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thank you.

Ugh...

It's just...you make this show for everyone else in the world, then the Japanese broadcasting company that aired it and Toei animation canned Toriko because no one wanted a great 80's throwback Shonen anime apparently, only to put the "everywhere but here" exclusive show on the network years before the countries that are supposed to get it get it.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Thank you.

Ugh...

It's just...you make this show for everyone else in the world, then the Japanese broadcasting company that aired it and Toei animation canned Toriko because no one wanted a great 80's throwback Shonen anime apparently, only to put the "everywhere but here" exclusive show on the network years before the countries that are supposed to get it get it.
Tonight was the night. Dragon Ball Super and DBZ Kai: Final Chapters have finally premiered on Toonami, and they are fantastic. The dubbing is great.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I haven't seen it, and this will make it a case of "Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch," I'm just going to go ahead and automatically say Lindsay Lohan's new reality show, because . . . just why? Why does she need a new reality show? Why is she trying to be a thing again? She's probably had more second chances than Charlie Sheen, and she's blown all of them; what makes people think she'll change for good this time?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Shows I don't like:

-The Amazing World of Gumball
-South Park
-Adventure Time
-Fish Hooks
-Aqua Teen Hunger Force
-Scooby Doo
-Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn
-Rick and Morty
-Honey Boo Boo
-My Little Pony
-Powerpuff Girls
-Pawn Stars
-Brickleberry
-Oobi
-Hannah Montana

Shows I Used To Like But Don't Like Anymore:

-Annoying Orange
-Duck Dynasty
-Henry Danger
-Ed Edd n Eddy
I might as well add Robot Chicken to that "Shows I used to like but don't like anymore" list now as well.

I definitely think it's annoying now. There's too many bleeps, a lot of cringeworthy hard to watch gross-out scenes, too much singing (they love musical skits to an annoying level), a facepalm worthy amount of research failure when it comes to the more obscure things they reference, and it's really just the same few jokes over and over again (a pop culture character either dies graphically, has sex, gets hooked on drugs, etc.).

Some of the skits are clever like the Stranger Things parody where Joyce Byers puts the Demogorgon to work while she's putting up Christmas decorations, the Slender-Man sketch where he politely asks one of his followers to go to her arch enemy's birthday party (More cakey for Slendy? lol), the Harry Potter one where Criss Angel is in charge of Hogwarts, and the time Mumm-Ra from ThunderCats became Mrs. Doubtfire. The few times they do clean skits without relying solely on awkward sex jokes and graphic violence, I still find the show funny. But unfortunately those scenes are few and far between.

It really feels like a rip-off of Happy Tree Friends but without any flavor to the violence. The reason HTF is funny is because most of the deaths the characters get into are somehow clever, creative, or ironic in one way or another. Robot Chicken is just the same few random acts of violence:Characters getting shot, stabbed, blown up, sliced in half, run over, decapitated, etc. again and again with no substance to it.

You may be wondering if the reason I don't like the show anymore is because I'm a Christian and they make fun of Jesus? Believe it or not, that has nothing to do with it at all. I still like Family Guy and they have way more Jesus skits than Robot Chicken on that show. The reason I quit watching is simply because I think it's run it's course. I'll admit that the first three or so seasons are still among my favorite animated comedy shows, but everything else from season 4 onward is almost entirely terrible and hard to watch.

Why is 3 seasons generally the cut off for most shows? Think about it:SpongeBob, Family Guy, and Robot Chicken. All three of those shows, the average person will tell you they thought went down hill after season 3. Do most long runners have a 3 season curse or something like that where they are forced to suck once they hit the 3 season mark? lol :stick_out_tongue:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Shows I don't like:

-The Amazing World of Gumball
-South Park
-Adventure Time
-Fish Hooks
-Aqua Teen Hunger Force
-Scooby Doo
-Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn
-Rick and Morty
-Honey Boo Boo
-My Little Pony
-Powerpuff Girls
-Pawn Stars
-Brickleberry
-Oobi
-Hannah Montana

Shows I Used To Like But Don't Like Anymore:

-Annoying Orange
-Duck Dynasty
-Henry Danger
-Ed Edd n Eddy
Also I should specify that the reason I don't like Duck Dynasty anymore isn't because it's annoying per say but rather because of the brutal, anti-gay comments that Phil Robertson made.

As a non-judgemental Christian who has no problem with homosexuality whatsoever, I got extremely offended hearing him say such mean spirited things about gays in the middle of a church. Using religion to defend homophobia is one of the biggest pet peeves I have and I could literally feel my blood boiling when I first watched that awful scene of him standing up in a church literally saying that gay people deserve to die. Yeah, that's very un-Christian behavior if you ask me.

One of my best friends was a lesbian at the time when Duck Dynasty was extremely popular, if you had seen her reaction to those awful statements made by Phil, it would've broken your heart. She actually cried and said that she hates living in a world where such intolerance is still commonplace. I completely agree with her and if anything, seeing her depressing reaction to Phil's hateful words were enough to make me boycott the show. That right there was the last straw overall.