Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Conservative logic on Facebook today: both 9-11 and that congresswoman calling Trump a motherf*ck3r are Obama's fault.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just happened to find a video on Facebook of a bunch of people at a rally (all Trump supporters) chanting “CNN sucks!” I seriously chanted along with it when the video was playing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I notice there are certain people out there who are getting offended by that AT&T commercial depicting a gay couple hiring a lesbian babysitter, and dropping their AT&T services because of it. I'm also seeing there are certain men out there who are getting offended by that Gilette commercial, and are going to stop shaving because of it.

So how come nobody is getting offended by the fact that Trump is putting out commercials for his border wall, when that is perhaps a true example of actual propaganda?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
So I notice there are certain people out there who are getting offended by that AT&T commercial depicting a gay couple hiring a lesbian babysitter, and dropping their AT&T services because of it. I'm also seeing there are certain men out there who are getting offended by that Gilette commercial, and are going to stop shaving because of it.

So how come nobody is getting offended by the fact that Trump is putting out commercials for his border wall, when that is perhaps a true example of actual propaganda?
I’ve been seeing Trump ads for over a year. It’s old news.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Cause you’re not looking hard enough. Simple as that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe because more than half of my state's population polled support the border wall.

MWoO

Reaction score

Because a politician running political ads is to be expected. A razor company running a commercial condeming its key demo is not.

Personally, I havent used Gilette in a long time. I switched to Dollar Shave club which is much cheaper. It had nothing to do with politics, they are just cheaper and decent quality. I think Gilette made this ad for attention to try and get market share back. Dollar Shave Club and Harry's are all over YouTube and social media gaining market share. Gilette is over priced and cant compete. So, they make a commercial that they know will get them attention, both negative and positive. Regardless of how you feel about the commercial, everyone is talking about Gilette.

This is an example of an out of touch company exec that thinks they can market social justice. Almost every time a company does something like this there is backlash from people. No one wants your over priced razots, Gilette. No one cares what a razor company has to say about how terrible men are.

Imagine if they did this with women. A commercial where a woman is gossiping about other women and saying terrible things, a woman is pushing the check over to the guy in a restaurant and having him pay, a woman is making a guy do heavy lifting without helping, a woman is psycologically torturing other women online and making them kill themselves. You know, any negative female stereotyoe you can think of. Then it ends telling women they can be better and to police each others actions. You would get the same kind of uproar.

As people we can all be better. Ive hewrd women say some real mean stuff. Ive seen men be sexist (I just witnessed it a little at work actually and i refused to participate in the banter). There are crappy men and crappy women and we shouldnt blame "toxic masculinity" or " toxic feminism".