Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4910 - Astronaut Elmo

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4910 - Astronaut Elmo
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 19, 2019

Rosita, Elmo and Abby pretend to be astronauts and use their imaginations to go into space. With help from Chris, they figure out which "space tool" to use to fix their ripped spaceship.

This episode features a street story from Season 46, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Astronauts") and Elmo the Musical ("Pizza the Musical").

If you saw "Astronaut Elmo" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Really the only thing to talk about is the new Amazing Adventure. I liked how it had a conflict that involved the solar panels having to be fixed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I knew at some point they would start doing repeats of the HBO-era stories.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Its more practical for them to do reruns from seasons 46 or 47. Seasons 39 to 45 the set was different and the older cast members were still there. Don't get me wrong I love the episodes from those years. But I'd rather just see the actual episode instead of a remade shortened hacked to pieces version made into a "new" episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Its more practical for them to do reruns from seasons 46 or 47. Seasons 39 to 45 the set was different and the older cast members were still there. Don't get me wrong I love the episodes from those years. But I'd rather just see the actual episode instead of a remade shortened hacked to pieces version made into a "new" episode.
I agree completely. It is a little weird to see characters like Maria, Luis, Gordon, Gina, Leela and Mando, etc. when they're sort of long gone. Don't get me wrong. It's great to see all the classic characters again, but using them in repeats just don't work. Besides, the format of the set was too different. The character voices have changed over time. Yet they add new material to the repeat episodes for the opening and closing scenes with the new set and it probably confuses the heck out of kids. Hopefully, from this point forward they'll use the eps from just a season or two when they play repeats. That would probably make more sense.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Astronaut Elmo" premieres on PBS this Wednesday September 25. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.