Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So what is the truth?
You have to watch the video to get the truth. Anything I post would just be a summary in my point of view.

For starters, the confrontation is part of a much larger confrontation that involved a 3rd party taunting the kids to begin with. The kids were minding their own business when this 3rd party starts taunting them.

Secondly, the kids were not the torch-waving, white hood wearing racists that instigated the confrontation that social media and the short video clip would like you to believe. Are they completely innocent and without fault? Absolutely not. But the viral reaction that the kids lives should be destroyed and the the threats to the Catholic school they attend is way out of line. I will grant that the kids should have reacted differently and maybe walked away, but, hey, they're teenagers and teenagers do stupid stuff. They act like ****** bags sometimes. They should be punished for it. But lives destroyed? I really blame more the chaperones who should have been there to diffuse the situation. Where were the adults here?

Speaking of . . .

Thirdly, the Native American seemed to approach them. Maybe he saw the MAGA hats and wanted to confront them. Maybe he was stepping in to diffuse the confrontation between the kids and the 3rd party. I don't know. But to believe that the kids confronted the gentleman are totally inaccurate. And the Native American did claim that the kids surrounded him and began it all. The kids never budged from their spot on the steps. The NA walked right up to them and started banging the drum in their face. How would anyone react in this situation? The NA made zero effort to walk away as well. I think he got the reaction and the viral clip he wanted to get, so not exactly innocent on his part either.

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

But because the kids were wearing MAGA hats, a much bigger deal was made of it and the kids were quickly painted as racists. When that may not be necessarily true. Throw in the fact that it was a predominantly white group and Catholic on top of that, liberals couldn't contain themselves. There is a much bigger picture here and more truth to the whole story.

This video pretty much sums up my feelings (VIDEO CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND NOT SAFE FOR KIDS)

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
You have to watch the video to get the truth. Anything I post would just be a summary in my point of view.

For starters, the confrontation is part of a much larger confrontation that involved a 3rd party taunting the kids to begin with. The kids were minding their own business when this 3rd party starts taunting them.

Secondly, the kids were not the torch-waving, white hood wearing racists that instigated the confrontation that social media and the short video clip would like you to believe. Are they completely innocent and without fault? Absolutely not. But the viral reaction that the kids lives should be destroyed and the the threats to the Catholic school they attend is way out of line. I will grant that the kids should have reacted differently and maybe walked away, but, hey, they're teenagers and teenagers do stupid stuff. They act like ****** bags sometimes. They should be punished for it. But lives destroyed? I really blame more the chaperones who should have been there to diffuse the situation. Where were the adults here?

Speaking of . . .

Thirdly, the Native American seemed to approach them. Maybe he saw the MAGA hats and wanted to confront them. Maybe he was stepping in to diffuse the confrontation between the kids and the 3rd party. I don't know. But to believe that the kids confronted the gentleman are totally inaccurate. And the Native American did claim that the kids surrounded him and began it all. The kids never budged from their spot on the steps. The NA walked right up to them and started banging the drum in their face. How would anyone react in this situation? The NA made zero effort to walk away as well. I think he got the reaction and the viral clip he wanted to get, so not exactly innocent on his part either.

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

But because the kids were wearing MAGA hats, a much bigger deal was made of it and the kids were quickly painted as racists. When that may not be necessarily true. Throw in the fact that it was a predominantly white group and Catholic on top of that, liberals couldn't contain themselves. There is a much bigger picture here and more truth to the whole story.

This video pretty much sums up my feelings (VIDEO CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND NOT SAFE FOR KIDS)

Wait... so you are saying that a short clip doesnt tell the full story and that people shouldnt have their lives ruined for being an idiot? Pfft...

This is why I dont get crazy over news stories that arent news stories. Two people who have zero effect on the world having a confrontation isnt news. Its meant to incite reactions, not inform.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know most memes are flawed and biased, but there's a new one floating around that has, perhaps, one of the biggest and more glaring flaws yet:

It states that one of four teams will win the Super Bowl, and thus share in some Little Caesar's Hot-N-Ready pizza with Trump afterwards. The flaw in that meme is Trump and his supporters are boycotting the NFL, so not only will they not even watch the Super Bowl, Trump certainly wouldn't invite the winning team to pizza afterwards.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Wait... so you are saying that a short clip doesnt tell the full story and that people shouldnt have their lives ruined for being an idiot? Pfft...

This is why I dont get crazy over news stories that arent news stories. Two people who have zero effect on the world having a confrontation isnt news. Its meant to incite reactions, not inform.
But that's a huge part of what makes President Trump's cries of fake news resonate with his followers. The news isn't reporting the news anymore. It is only there to incite reactions, not inform. What was once considered by our founding fathers as an important piece in the checks-and-balances system is failing to do it's job. Along with the politicisation of the Supreme Court, Mitch McConnell not allowing votes in the Senate, and President Trump, well, being President Trump, our system is broken. I'm afraid it will never get back to the way it was intended

MWoO

Reaction score
Mitch McConnell should have been kicked out of office when he blocked Obama's SCOTUS pick more than a year before his term was over and when he did away with the 60/40 rule for confirmation and made it a simple majority vote.

We made so many changes to the system over the years that it no longer functions.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Mitch McConnell should have been kicked out of office when he blocked Obama's SCOTUS pick more than a year before his term was over and when he did away with the 60/40 rule for confirmation and made it a simple majority vote.

We made so many changes to the system over the years that it no longer functions.
Agreed about McConnell being kicked out of leadership but to be fair the 60-40 rule was first changed by the Dems (although it was for cabinet confirmations and judicial nominations below the Supreme Court). McConnell warned them then that they would one day regret that decision, and he was right.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Okay so there's a YouTuber named hbomberguy who's been doing a Twitch stream for a long time of him just playing Donkey Kong... but the key is that it's a way to raise money for a trans charity that got attacked by the Father Ted creator. And it's working like firecrackers. It's honestly blowing my mind but something so small has ballooned into something so big and I'm really proud of the way 2019 is shaping up so far.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I am aware this comes from a liberal news source, however, again, this is pretty much what I've been talking about:

http://www.leftvoice.org/General-Strike-to-Shut-Down-the-Shutdown

I mean, I find it ironic that the GOP is the party that preaches "you don't work, you don't get paid," yet are willing to tolerate people being forced to work without pay (if it means getting that **** wall).