Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I assume you saw the big argument, since you hit the nail on the head. Or maybe it was just a really lucky guess.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The latter.

But honestly, this is another case in point of two things.

1) I'm just very, VERY cautious of who I talk about politics with.

2) I've become less people loving ever since 2015/16. Even when we had one of the biggest scumbags (Romney) running against Obama, people were at least a little more civil.

But now that Trump came into the picture:

"UGHHHHH DELETE ME IF UR VOTING 4 HIM/HILLARY", "UR A RACIST SCUMBAG IF U SUPPORT/PLAN ON VOTING 4 HIM", "IF UR A CONSERVATIVE DAT MEANS UR A WHITE SUPREMACIST DAT JOINED DA KKK AND OWNZ DA KONFEDERATE FLAG!!!"

Like give me a god**** break.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And as far as abortions go:

I can easily say this - I'm neutral on the situation and don't like the idea of a fetus being killed, but am not the type of person to tell a woman what to do with her body.

And even with just that first sentence alone, people will completely ignore the last sentence and be quick to judge me and put labels on me. It's actually very frustrating and why I have anger problems from time to time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In my case, the argument was more about how my idea of adoption or foster care should be available as other options for women, since the left uses Women's Rights as a mask for their pro-choice stance, and we not treat abortion as if it's the only option for them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Let me guess,

You were called sexist and mysoginistic and **** like that, right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No. I was lectured about how adoption and foster care are essentially fates worse than death, because of generalizations that too many kids are never adopted (especially when they get older), and too many kids are physically, emotionally, and even sexually abused in foster care. I'm aware they're not perfect alternatives, but they're still alternatives to abortion.

Oh, and in certain cases, abortion is justifiable, such as miscarriage (okay, I won't argue there), or if the pregnancy was unplanned/unexpected - to which I argued that's preventable by either not having sex altogether, or using protection/contraception/birth control (the former two of which are also useful in preventing other unwanted consequences, such as STDs and the like).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair, there are certain areas like rape - that’s definitely where I would be very supportive if the baby came through unconsented sex.

I will personally agree if you intentionally had unprotected sex then I don’t feel as sympathetic if you decide to get an abortion. But, like I said before, I’m not gonna stop you if you choose to get one.

Most of what i’ll be like in that case is a simple “Okay. It’s up to you.” and end it there.

MWoO

Reaction score
The problem with abortion us that in order to be totally ok with it you can not think of it as taking a life. This is why the argument in favor of abortion calls the fetus a mass of cells.

Abortion should be a legal option up to 12 weeks for reasons I talked about many pages ago. But it shouldnt be considered to be the only option and it shouldnt be taken lightly.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The thing some people on both sides fail to realize is that abortion is a very big process that almost no one takes lightly. There are a few loonies who seem to like putting their body through that mess, but most women who do choose to abort the fetus do so with many regrets. There's going to be a ton of bodily issues for them after it happens, and it's going to be with them for the rest of their lives. I'm not pro- or anti-abortion, but people on both sides need to remember this before they start lolligagging over the whole thing.