Little things we've noticed

gravy

Reaction score

WAH! JIM GOT DA SHAP OF KERMET'S HED WRONG!!!111!z12 HE ABSOLUTELY RUINED TEH CHARCTER11!!!!!1! HE NEEDS 2 B RECAST RITE NOW!!KJHGT^&*IUYTRFDCBGHIPYBKUINHUB FCY^UIHJGFDR%^&
how often do you watch the muppet valentine show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have it taped off Nick@Nite from 1992, and have watched it all these years.

I'm demonstrating how ridiculous people seem when they go as far as to criticize certain performances for "not getting the shape of Kermit's head right."

gravy

Reaction score
I have it taped off Nick@Nite from 1992, and have watched it all these years.

I'm demonstrating how ridiculous people seem when they go as far as to criticize certain performances for "not getting the shape of Kermit's head right."
Seriously? I've never heard anyone say that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Forget Facebook and YouTube, there's been such comments on this very forum! Mr. Remington is among them, I believe.

MWoO

Reaction score
I am sure Inhave made such comments as well and its a valid thing to point out. For example, i do mot like the "smile" that Steve gave Kermit in the later years of his performance. I always found it creepy. I also did not like the "c" shaped face he gave Kermit when Kermit was annoyed. It wasnt quite a "sheesh" face and was oddly rigid.

Of course, these were consistant expressions that he gave Kermit, as opposed to a single mid expression face like is shown above.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, the differences between the way Steve, Jim, and Matt shaped Kermit's head has never bothered me. However, the way some other performers shape the head can make it look really off. Like, they sometimes make Kermit's head way too flat, which is often how I identify that it's a stand-in performer

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Often times whenever Jim performed characters, he would end sentences with a slightly mumbled, "ya see?" (Similar to stereotypical Canadians ending their sentences with, "eh?") Even Kermit wasn't immune to this on occasion.
I've also noticed Jim seemed to be fond of using the phrase "various and sundry."

cjd874

Reaction score
I've also noticed Jim seemed to be fond of using the phrase "various and sundry."
Not to mention Kermit's "What the hey," which Frank Oz borrowed when performing Cookie Monster later on.
I also crack up when Frank uses the name "Cucamonga" and the phrase "Holy guacamole" or other variations. I recall Miss Piggy's "Holy maracas" a few times on the Muppet Show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As much as Jim was already dabbling in things like chromakey and bunraku, you're telling me he couldn't figure out a way to actually show Kermit tap-dancing full-bodied, rather than just from the waist up?