Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only Katy Perry song I actually dislike is "Wide Awake," because it's so **** repetitive.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Part of me is trying to hold back my rage after seeing that post bashing against one of my favorite Metallica songs. :crazy:

No, in seriousness, to each his own. I know that album got a lot of flack but it’s personally one of my favorites. :halo:
The literal only reason I can enjoy listening to it is because it's so bad that it's on an entirely different level from everything else. Songs like "Friday" and "Baby" are bad because they're just your ordinary everyday songs that are typical pop numbers that just really don't set themselves apart in any way.

There is no other album like St. Anger. I genuinely have no idea what on earth Metallica were thinking.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean yeah, I won’t deny, the lyrics weren’t the best for this one.... but some songs are just great to get out some anger and frustration and jam to.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I listened to St. Anger... I can't say it's any worse than suffering through another day at work of hearing Shawn Mendes whine about needing stitches or the guy from Florida Georgia Line saying "oh, hold up girl, don't you know you're beautiful" in one of the most cringe line deliveries of all time... the state of modern popular music disturbs me; we're all sheep!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I mean yeah, I won’t deny, the lyrics weren’t the best for this one.... but some songs are just great to get out some anger and frustration and jam to.
I kid you not, I went through and rated it today, and this was what I came up with:

1. Frantic - 2/10
2. St. Anger - 1/10
3. Some Kind Of Monster - 0/10
4. Dirty Window - 1/10
5. Invisible Kid - 1/10
6. My World - 0/10
7. Shoot Me Again - 1/10
8. Sweet Amber - 1/10
9. The Unnamed Feeling - 2/10
10. Purify - -1/10*
11. All Within My Hands
Total: 7%

*Yes, "Purify" is in the negatives. It is legitimately the worst song I've ever heard. At least most of the songs brought up in this thread have SOME form of direction, "Purify" has nothing going for it whatsoever.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I agree with you Thunder; I didn't listen to all the songs, but Purify is pretty bad.

I had a similar situation with my favorite artist Todd Rundgren, who put out this steaming pile of bull dung a year or two ago. The blaring synth is unbearable; then again, I think it's supposed to be a parody of the modern pop star.

That song is followed by what I believe to be one of his best songs, so it's a total mindf***.