Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
Things like
I just now realized that Trump's wall actually could have some educational benefits for both the U.S. and Mexico, almost like a living Sesame Street/Plaza Sesamo lesson plan: it can be used to teach both Americans and Mexicans the concepts of over, around, and under!
It honestly confuses me why so many Americans are actually pro-illegal immigration as if it's a joke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nobody's pro-illegal immigration, that's just another rightwing lie about the left. The left is just as against illegal immigration as anyone, they just know that a wall is pointless and downright stupid, because it's not going to stop them from finding other ways to enter illegally (and no, this doesn't mean they support open borders either, which is another rightwing lie). Even the left knows there needs to be legal channels for immigrants wanting to enter the country; the right on the other hand just wants to ban all of them, legal or illegal.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Nobody's pro-illegal immigration, that's just another rightwing lie about the left. The left is just as against illegal immigration as anyone, they just know that a wall is pointless and downright stupid, because it's not going to stop them from finding other ways to enter illegally (and no, this doesn't mean they support open borders either, which is another rightwing lie). Even the left knows there needs to be legal channels for immigrants wanting to enter the country; the right on the other hand just wants to ban all of them, legal or illegal.
You are so wrong here D'Snowth. The reason the Dems are against the wall is all about politics and not giving President Trump a "win". Period. Many of these same Democrats that are in leadership positions were for a wall just a few years ago. It's on video tape. Look it up. It's also in the voting records of past resolutions. You can look those up as well. But it isn't about the wall itself. If you truly believe so, you are much more naive than I took you for.

And no, the right isn't against legal immigration. I would wager that the left and right are much closer on immigration than they would like you to believe. But then that whole party before country thing gets in the way.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I ended up making this into a rant just because I feel it’s been an ongoing issue since Trump came into the picture with politics. Have a look if you wish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to say I am shocked that Ann Coulter, of all people, is lashing out against Trump over all this wall business.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If walls do not work then why do prisons have them.
Because prisons also have individual cells with steel bars that the inmated are locked in. What are we gonna do, lock up each and every single individual Mexican in a cell?

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
You are so wrong here D'Snowth. The reason the Dems are against the wall is all about politics and not giving President Trump a "win". Period. Many of these same Democrats that are in leadership positions were for a wall just a few years ago. It's on video tape. Look it up. It's also in the voting records of past resolutions. You can look those up as well. But it isn't about the wall itself. If you truly believe so, you are much more naive than I took you for.

And no, the right isn't against legal immigration. I would wager that the left and right are much closer on immigration than they would like you to believe. But then that whole party before country thing gets in the way.
Man MuppetsRule is always on point in this thread ! :wink:

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh Florida...

It seems like there is this weird resurgence of slavery talk. Its like people are reading history books and stopping at the slavery part and getting really upset. Its like when an old tweet from 10 years ago resurfaces and people get offended all over again. Considering the age of the kid, he probably had just learned about slavery in American History.

The flag is not racist. This kid seems like a jerk, but arent all kids at this age? The teacher is an idiot if she thought it was required to stand for the pledge of allegiance. Even if it was a requirement she didnt handle it right. The kid didnt either when he refused to move from the classroom.