Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lately Sesame Street has been doing montages/collections to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Sesame Workshop has released a number of these kinds of "collections" online before, but I wonder how likely Sesame Workshop would be to include clips in these kinds of collections the the company hasn't uploaded online yet.

It would be great if they would do special videos for each individual season (though it's too late to start and have the last one uploaded when the 50th birthday hits - unless they do multiple season collections a week), I would prefer they include some rare clips but Sesame Workshop probably has uploaded enough from each season to exclusively include what has been uploaded.

It also would be cool to include such collections for many of the characters, especially if they do include evolution of many characters (which in some cases would require clips the company hasn't uploaded - or maybe some will be uploaded on their own).

They could do a Big Bird 50th anniversary collection, with a clip or two from the first season, a clip or two from the second season, something from later in the 1970s, a couple from the 1980s, a few from the 1990s, and a few from the last few decades. Or an Elmo collection, starting with a clip where he's more of an Anything Monster (like an undubbed "We're All Monsters" or "Me, Claudias"), one of Brian Meehl's performances (I would prefer the season 11 scene where he learns about the letter H), one of Richard Hunt's performances, a few of Kevin Clash's early Elmo performances, some from the 1990s, some from the 2000s, and some from the last few years. Or a Cookie Monster collection with something from the first season (I think the "milk and cookies" bit with Ernie would be best, since that's the first time he talked), some '70s clips, a Monsterpiece Theater, an '80s clip, a '90s clip, a Letter of the Day, a Cookie's Crumby Pictures, a Smart Cookies, and a Foodie Truck, maybe end it with another recent Cookie Monster clip. Or a Grover 50th anniversary collection, with a first season clip (probably "first and last", if the collections only include things that have been uploaded, but I'd prefer the rare "G for Grover" or "Hey Frog", assorted clips from each decade, and one installment each from Waiter Grover, Super Grover, Professor Grover, Camp Wannagohoma, Monsterpiece Theater, Marshall Grover, the time clock skits, Global Grover, and Super Grover 2.0.

Another thing that would be great for the anniversary would be if they would upload full episodes from 1969-1993, but also if they uploaded just the street stories from the early years. I could see that for things like Mr. Hooper's death, Luis and Maria get married, Snuffy revealed, maybe Gordon and Susan adopt Miles, maybe Gabbi is born, but it'd be great if they would upload some random '70s/'80s street stories (I'd list some I want to see, but then would that be random?).

BertFan

Reaction score
Lately Sesame Street has been doing montages/collections to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Sesame Workshop has released a number of these kinds of "collections" online before, but I wonder how likely Sesame Workshop would be to include clips in these kinds of collections the the company hasn't uploaded online yet.

It would be great if they would do special videos for each individual season (though it's too late to start and have the last one uploaded when the 50th birthday hits - unless they do multiple season collections a week), I would prefer they include some rare clips but Sesame Workshop probably has uploaded enough from each season to exclusively include what has been uploaded.

It also would be cool to include such collections for many of the characters, especially if they do include evolution of many characters (which in some cases would require clips the company hasn't uploaded - or maybe some will be uploaded on their own).

They could do a Big Bird 50th anniversary collection, with a clip or two from the first season, a clip or two from the second season, something from later in the 1970s, a couple from the 1980s, a few from the 1990s, and a few from the last few decades. Or an Elmo collection, starting with a clip where he's more of an Anything Monster (like an undubbed "We're All Monsters" or "Me, Claudias"), one of Brian Meehl's performances (I would prefer the season 11 scene where he learns about the letter H), one of Richard Hunt's performances, a few of Kevin Clash's early Elmo performances, some from the 1990s, some from the 2000s, and some from the last few years. Or a Cookie Monster collection with something from the first season (I think the "milk and cookies" bit with Ernie would be best, since that's the first time he talked), some '70s clips, a Monsterpiece Theater, an '80s clip, a '90s clip, a Letter of the Day, a Cookie's Crumby Pictures, a Smart Cookies, and a Foodie Truck, maybe end it with another recent Cookie Monster clip. Or a Grover 50th anniversary collection, with a first season clip (probably "first and last", if the collections only include things that have been uploaded, but I'd prefer the rare "G for Grover" or "Hey Frog", assorted clips from each decade, and one installment each from Waiter Grover, Super Grover, Professor Grover, Camp Wannagohoma, Monsterpiece Theater, Marshall Grover, the time clock skits, Global Grover, and Super Grover 2.0.

Another thing that would be great for the anniversary would be if they would upload full episodes from 1969-1993, but also if they uploaded just the street stories from the early years. I could see that for things like Mr. Hooper's death, Luis and Maria get married, Snuffy revealed, maybe Gordon and Susan adopt Miles, maybe Gabbi is born, but it'd be great if they would upload some random '70s/'80s street stories (I'd list some I want to see, but then would that be random?).
That is a cool idea but they would probably show short clips instead of the full versions like they did this with some of the 50th Anniversary montages they uploaded.

BertFan

Reaction score
Uploaded the Hebrew dubs of Kermit's hand lecture and The Monster Test Machine.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That is a cool idea but they would probably show short clips instead of the full versions like they did this with some of the 50th Anniversary montages they uploaded.
Didn't realize those are just clip montages. I knew the timeline one was, and the celebrity spoof segments, the others I either hadn't watched or just skipped around a bit to see what's included (without realizing they're not full clips).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
now that there are a bunch of old SS episodes being remastered this year we might be able to see some rare gems like Brian Muehl's Elmo :laugh: , some sketches in english like Proffessor Hastings, Deena and Pearl and possibly Windy and Kermit's :smile: between lecture (1969 version).