Have you met any celebrities?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm going to be meeting Tom Kenny soon. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the legendary voice behind the one and only Spongebob Squarepants will be attending our small Kentucky Comic-Con. Not only am I excited to meet him but his presence makes me hopeful that more big name celebrities will visit our Con in the future.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm going to be meeting Tom Kenny soon. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the legendary voice behind the one and only Spongebob Squarepants will be attending our small Kentucky Comic-Con. Not only am I excited to meet him but his presence makes me hopeful that more big name celebrities will visit our Con in the future.
When are you meeting him?

datman24

Reaction score
Hey everyone, newbie here. Let me go down the list of noteworthy people I’ve met in my lifetime.

Bruce Springsteen
Gabriel Iglesias
Frank Oz
Bobby Moynihan
Bernadette Peters
Jason Alexander
Marc Summers
Fred Newman
Michael Moronna (of ‘Pete & Pete’)
Terrence Mann
Andrea Martin
Alan Alda
Steve Wozniak (Apple co-founder)
Dan Rather
Leon Panetta (former FBI director)
Frank Abagnale (the man whose story inspired the film ‘Catch Me if You Can’)
Ken Burns
Rita Moreno
Ehud Barak (former Israeli Prime Minister)
John Cleese
Ted Koppel
David Cameron (former Britain Prime Minister)
James Comey
Doris Kearns Goodwin (Presidential historian)
Gloria Steinem (Women’s rights activist)

Okay, I think I’m starting to become overwhelmed of the amount of famous people I’ve met. Oh, I did birefly shake the hands of Cory Booker, and I did once see Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick in restaurant one time, but I didn’t talk to them (but my mother did).
Well, I guess I can now add Jeb Bush to that list.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Famous or famous-ish people I have met:
  • Bill Byrge, who played Bobby in the Ernest movies, actually came to my class when I was in the fifth grade. I had actually seen most of the movies he was in but didn't really remember his character (during that meeting, I was mistakenly under the impression that he played different characters in each film... and when I'd watch them after this, was shocked that his character barely talked when the actor did talk to us).
  • A number of Indiana Hoosiers players. I've been to some of the games, not sure if that qualifies for "meeting" them (and can't remember if I did meet any when I was there, I know I've been to games back when Bobby Knight coached but I can't remember if I actually met him - I've also been to games when Mike Davis and the current coach, whose name I forget, were coaching but I didn't meet them). But I have met Damon Bailey at three different autograph signings, and there's at least one other IU player whom I've met at an autograph signing but can't really remember which player (I want to say either Greg Graham or Calbert Chainey... my parents would probably remember).
  • Steve Whitmire at Louisville Supercon last December.

And some people I have seen live in concert but didn't really meet:
  • I saw The Monkees in concert at a baseball game (no, Mike Nessmith wasn't there).
  • I've seen Weird Al Yankovic in concert twice.
  • Katy Perry.
  • While not a concert, I've seen George Wendt and one of the actors from Little House on the Prairie in a live performance of Ten Angry Men.
  • Also not a concert, but at Louisville Supercon, I saw Sam Jones and Jason David Frank in person at autograph booths, even if I didn't talk to them (Frank's was across from Whitmire's, so it's like we have two people known for characters associated with green across from each other).

Fozzie6

Reaction score
I've met the following at conventions:

• Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Billy Dee Williams (Lando), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
  • Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, and Sean Maher (Firefly)
  • Stephen Amell, Caity Lotz, John Barrowman, and Danielle Panabaker (Arrow & Flash)
  • Jim Cummings (Winne the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck)
  • Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville)
  • Larry Thomas and Patrick Warburton (Seinfeld)
  • Carey Elwes (Princess Bride)
  • Simon Helberg (Big Bang Theory)
  • Stan Lee
  • Jon Bernthal, Elden Henson, and Vincent D'Onofrio (Punisher/Daredevil)
When I was hospitalized at Walter Reed, I was visited by then president George Bush and his wife Laura. Stephen Stills also stopped to chat with me.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've met the following at conventions:

• Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Billy Dee Williams (Lando), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
  • Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, and Sean Maher (Firefly)
  • Stephen Amell, Caity Lotz, John Barrowman, and Danielle Panabaker (Arrow & Flash)
  • Jim Cummings (Winne the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck)
  • Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville)
  • Larry Thomas and Patrick Warburton (Seinfeld)
  • Carey Elwes (Princess Bride)
  • Simon Helberg (Big Bang Theory)
  • Stan Lee
  • Jon Bernthal, Elden Henson, and Vincent D'Onofrio (Punisher/Daredevil)
When I was hospitalized at Walter Reed, I was visited by then president George Bush and his wife Laura. Stephen Stills also stopped to chat with me.
What was it like meeting George & Laura Bush, Carey Elwes, Jim Cummings, Stephen Stills, and Stan Lee?