Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
now that there are a bunch of old SS episodes being remastered this year we might be able to see some rare gems like Brian Muehl's Elmo :laugh: , some sketches in english like Proffessor Hastings, Deena and Pearl and possibly Windy and Kermit's :smile: between lecture (1969 version).
If you're referring to the episodes being donated to the American Archives of Public Broadcasting (and I might have gotten the thing wrong - the thing with locations in Boston and Washington, DC), they're not being remastered, just digitized (I thought all episodes were digitized long ago - at any rate, Sesame Workshop is sending digital copies) and donated for the public to see, and they've pretty much said that the place will eventually get every episode.

But I haven't been online much this morning, so it's possible there could have been a news report that I haven't seen yet.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Brace yourselves.
For all those of you wondering, I can make up a hypothesis that they banned the latter half of this Snerf "Shorter and Longer" 2-part skit from Iftah Ya Simsim, given that Arab viewers must've interpreted the Snerf cuddling up to Betty Lou as a sexual moment. ={
Oddly, I don't see why they kept it in Rechov Sumsum (or any other foreign coproductions, I guess...?).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm sure Minor Muppetz will be very happy about this: Sesame finally released the Miami Mice bit with the Count.
Not only am I happy, but I am happy that they uploaded a Miami Mice segment period, when Sesame Workshop previously hasn't officially uploaded any of them online before or put any on DVD (it's unfortunate Miami Mice was mentioned in press releases for the Best of Sesame Street Spoofs! DVDs when they ended up not being released), around the time of the 40th anniversary the official Sesame Street Facebook page actually linked to an unofficial upload of one segment.

For years I thought I'd remembered an additional Miami Mice segment but didn't remember it having The Count or any familiar characters, but watching this one, the part with the closet is actually familiar with me.

I've seen a few comments from fans who say it was kinda dull. For the last few years, I wondered if I would feel the same about it if I saw it, if the rare factor was the main thing going for it while otherwise being lame (and it's main value being it's rarity and maybe completist sake). But I really genuinely enjoyed it more than I expected (and maybe the rare factor is hidden in my mind, maybe I'll care less in a few days). Can't decide if I like it better than the other two or not (or if this will continue to be my "go to" Miami Mice segment to put on DVD wishlists).

I was expecting The Count to need a ride because his car had problems, but I don't think that was mentioned here. There doesn't seem to be any real explanation for why The Count needed a ride (did he think he couldn't drive and count at the same time?). If he needed a ride, he's lucky he was within walking distance of the Miami Mice office (I can't imagine he took a bus or taxi there so he could be driven to where he needs to be, just use that transportation).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I think we got some nice surprises yesterday. I was happy to see the Miami Mice sketch with The Count and I had never even heard of the Snerf sketch

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here is a skit I uploaded a while back
I hope we get to see the english copy soon

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here is another interesting skit I found in a season 30 episode
I had not seen or heard of this before and could not find it on yt

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Brace yourselves.
For all those of you wondering, I can make up a hypothesis that they banned the latter half of this Snerf "Shorter and Longer" 2-part skit from Iftah Ya Simsim, given that Arab viewers must've interpreted the Snerf cuddling up to Betty Lou as a sexual moment. ={
Oddly, I don't see why they kept it in Rechov Sumsum (or any other foreign coproductions, I guess...?).
If it was actually banned for that reason I would kill myself laughing