Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think we got some nice surprises yesterday. I was happy to see the Miami Mice sketch with The Count and I had never even heard of the Snerf sketch
By the way, to answer your question, yes, I do remember you from here. :shifty:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Brace yourselves.
For all those of you wondering, I can make up a hypothesis that they banned the latter half of this Snerf "Shorter and Longer" 2-part skit from Iftah Ya Simsim, given that Arab viewers must've interpreted the Snerf cuddling up to Betty Lou as a sexual moment. ={
Oddly, I don't see why they kept it in Rechov Sumsum (or any other foreign coproductions, I guess...?).
as·sump·tion
Dictionary result for assumption
/əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: assumptions
  1. 1.
    a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
as·sump·tion
Dictionary result for assumption
/əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: assumptions
  1. 1.
    a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.
Bro, I know already. My prediction about the 2nd part of the Snerf skit getting banned form Iftah Ya Simsim IS an assumption/hypothesis. There's really no official info for why half of the skits get banned/pulled from rotation at certain points. Like, ya know, we all think The Count Orders a Hot Dog was banned because of parents finding the Count hypnotizing Grover and Grover fainting TOO far for kids to watch, but that may not be an official reason. And with the Dexter's Lab Dial M for Monkey episode "Barbequor", the reason for the episode's ban being that [Silver Spooner was being a stereotype of gay men and Krunk getting drunk in the end of the episode] was a theory that had been rumored for so long, but in real life, the episode could be banned because Silver Surfer's creators from Marvel had figured that Silver Spooner was a misuse of their character + potential copyright infringement, since Silver Spooner looks ENTIRELY identical to Silver Surfer with NO alterations to his physical appearance. However, whatever that is, the companies usually don't release any official info for the banning of certain episodes of shows, so our assumptions of some shorts' banning are just (unreliable) theories/hypotheses.

Last edited:

gravy

Reaction score
Bro, I know already. My prediction about the 2nd part of the Snerf skit getting banned form Iftah Ya Simsim IS an assumption/hypothesis. There's really no official info for why half of the skits get banned/pulled from rotation at certain points. Like, ya know, we all think The Count Orders a Hot Dog was banned because of parents finding the Count hypnotizing Grover and Grover fainting TOO far for kids to watch, but that may not be an official reason. And with the Dexter's Lab Dial M for Monkey episode "Barbequor", the reason for the episode's ban being that [Silver Spooner was being a stereotype of gay men and Krunk getting drunk in the end of the episode] was a theory that had been rumored for so long, but in real life, the episode could be banned because Silver Surfer's creators from Marvel had figured that Silver Spooner was a misuse of their character + potential copyright infringement, since Silver Spooner looks ENTIRELY identical to Silver Surfer with NO alterations to his physical appearance. However, whatever that is, the companies usually don't release any official info for the banning of certain episodes of shows, so our assumptions of some shorts' banning are just (unreliable) theories/hypotheses.
They don't ban shorts, they pull them out of rotation. Saying they banned it is an exaggeration.

Also, these aren't hypotheses. These are any old assumptions you're pulling out of your :zany:ss.