You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So lately, Geico has been airing a lot of their older commercials: Caleb the Camel on Hump Day, Maxwell the Pig hanging out the car window with his pinwheels, earlier commercials when the Gecko became the cockney that most people know him as . . . anyone notice this? What's up with it?

mr3urious

Reaction score
So lately, Geico has been airing a lot of their older commercials: Caleb the Camel on Hump Day, Maxwell the Pig hanging out the car window with his pinwheels, earlier commercials when the Gecko became the cockney that most people know him as . . . anyone notice this? What's up with it?
I think it's some kind of contest where viewers can vote on their favorite.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only ones missing are the Cavemen (but I think their attempted "sitcom" killed them), and that guy who always opened the commercials with "Could switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The only ones missing are the Cavemen (but I think their attempted "sitcom" killed them), and that guy who always opened the commercials with "Could switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"
They are both included, because I happened to see them just recently.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's been so many young starlets who had really bright, promising future careers ahead of them, then once they grew up, they became absolutely trainwrecks and their once bright futures became dim and distant, such as Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes . . . then you've got certain people who have somehow managed to stay afloat, despite surrounding themselves with controversy and scandal, such as Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande.

Then there's Dakota Fanning. For a while, she was everywhere, she seemed to be the brightest young star in Hollywood during the 2000s and early New Tens - I would even go so far as to say that she was, perhaps, the Shirley Temple of her generation (minus the singing and dancing): she was cute, she was smart, she was articulate, she could act up a storm, she seemed destined for a tremendously successful show business career . . . then she just disappeared. What happened to her? Where'd she go?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Then there's Dakota Fanning. For a while, she was everywhere, she seemed to be the brightest young star in Hollywood during the 2000s and early New Tens - I would even go so far as to say that she was, perhaps, the Shirley Temple of her generation (minus the singing and dancing): she was cute, she was smart, she was articulate, she could act up a storm, she seemed destined for a tremendously successful show business career . . . then she just disappeared. What happened to her? Where'd she go?
Maybe she's thinking of retiring from acting like Mara Wilson did, or perhaps she's staying away from big projects.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm kind of thinking the latter, since it seems like other former child stars have gone that route, such as the Breslin siblings, who evidently have been doing a lot of indie and low-budget stuff in recent years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When The Beatles split up and went onto solo careers, it seems like much of their music continued to have that sort of distinct Beatles-esque sound to them. Most obvious example I can think of is George Harrison's "Got My Mind Set on You" from the 80s - that sounds very much like a traditional Beatles song from the 60s, if you ask me.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
happens with a lot of bands.

Didn't Slash get sued for sounding too much like Slash when he did his own thing outside of guns n roses or something? Or is that just a myth?