Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And already, there's plenty of people out there who see news about attacks like this, and they automatically dismiss it as being fake news, if not being staged - this does not help that case at all. Much like, there being an unfortunate stigma that all puppeteers are secretly pedophiles . . . Kevin Clash's scandal years ago - details and facts not withstanding - did not help that stigma.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And I do remember when TLC was The Learning Channel, long before the likes of Honey Boo Boo came and stunk it up.

MWoO

Reaction score
And already, there's plenty of people out there who see news about attacks like this, and they automatically dismiss it as being fake news, if not being staged - this does not help that case at all. Much like, there being an unfortunate stigma that all puppeteers are secretly pedophiles . . . Kevin Clash's scandal years ago - details and facts not withstanding - did not help that stigma.
To be fair, there are a large number of fake hate crimes reported each year. This one just got a lot of attention because it was a famous person doing it.

What I hate is that almost every media outlet reported the incident, but only now that he is indicted are they reporting it as a hoax. Colbert let Ellen Paige sit there and furiously rant about how hateful all of America is based on this attack, but I have not yet seen him address that it is a hoax. And then you have people that say they dont care that its a hoax, its still proof that the US is full of hate.... what?!?!

Maybe its just because I live in NYC and we all are just use to seeing different people, but hate crimes like this are so rare. Yes, there are idiots out there that attack people based on what they are, but no where near the amount people think.

Frankly, this was such a poorly executed hoax. The planning was terrible. I honestly dont even know why he bothered staging it this way. Everything about how this went down is insane.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Fake hate crimes are nothing new. In 1987 there was Tawana Brawley, a black girl who claimed she was raped by a gang of white men. Allegedly they wrote racist slurs on her body, smeared her with feces, and left her for dead. Al Sharpton spent a year vowing to bring these thugs to justice, while condemning white people.
It all turned out to be a lie.
That should have been the end of Sharpton's career. But for the last 30 years, he's been spewing anti-white rhetoric (with gays and Jews thrown in for good measure).
He doesn't want any unity between blacks and whites, and he wants to keep black people down. As long as he can stir up conflict, he has power.

MWoO

Reaction score
That is the problem with special interest and activist groups. They do not want peace and equality. If they admit that inequality isnt really an issue, they dont have a job anymore. Same reason Democrats keep pushing social non-issues and why Republicans keep pushing fear.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ikea shows an interracial couple in their commercial. . . .

And . . . cue a bunch of Trumptards boycotting Ikea for "pushing propaganda."

MWoO

Reaction score
Ikea shows an interracial couple in their commercial. . . .

And . . . cue a bunch of Trumptards boycotting Ikea for "pushing propaganda."
Except they aren't.... because no one cares. Maybe you need to stop seeing color in everything and just see people. Or, just do like Jussie Smollette did and pay people to fake a protest so you can prove your own view of reality.