Disability Corner

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a question:For a couple years now, I've had a serious tendency to develop false memories and a sense of deja vu towards things that never even happened.

Sometimes my mind will randomly come up with some thought and will tell me again and again that the thing actually DID happen. Then minutes later I'll figure out that the memory in question was just fake.

The reason I worry about this is because sometimes false memories can really destroy someone mentally and emotionally. People have reported having memories of things like getting molested by someone they care about who would never do something like that in the first place, getting stabbed in the middle of the street, or other terrible scenarios like that.

False memories are also the cause of most "alien abduction" stories according to what I've heard. Most people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, got visited by ghosts, saw Bigfoot or Nessie or Slender-Man, etc. have something called false memory disorder.

Do you think that something like that could possibly be developing in me? The false memories I have are nothing too major and are just brief things like remembering my dog Buster jumping in my lap a couple hours ago when in reality I never even saw the dog all day long. While it's all tame stuff now I fear that it could turn into more concerning false memories involving stuff like alien abduction, getting betrayed by a friend who in reality would never do that to me, getting attacked by an animal or person, etc.

MWoO

Reaction score
Honestly, as someone who was also diagnosed with depression, I think there are far too many diagnoses for depression. I think the depression comes from the lack of human connection and an ever isolating age of technology replacing human contact.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In my case, it also comes from an experience of being everyone's butt monkey in the public school days before transferring to a learning-disabled school.