Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I started thinking that it would be cool if each episode could end with a new rendition of a classic song (maybe songs that recently had new versions, like "Rubber Duckie", could just be the recent remakes as opposed to doing new ones again this season).

Of course they did redo quite a few classic songs in seasons 25 and 30.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I would like to see a video done with different versions of The Alphabet Song.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I'd like to see them do one of those mashups for "People in Your Neighborhood."
I wouldn't put pass Sesame Workshop to form a mash-up for that Classic Song.

I would love to see them try to do one for "ABCDEFG...."you know Big Bird's song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody did that once before years ago, mashing up the original 1969 version, the 80s remake, and Elmo's version.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since the Season 49 thread is closed, I'm curious, but as with previous seasons, is Season 49 going repeat episodes from older seasons with the older castmembers?

Muzzarino

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this everyone?

What's inconsistent on this mashup is that they didn't use the up to date "Frazzle" song (which has the ripped paper) that doesn't freeze near the end nor has the ghost transition like they should have checked before putting it on there. That's something they need to fix because that one is the current version unlike the original print plus there needs to be a variant (with the marks) that it continues past the ghost part (without it coming in) before the colored bar transitions come in for the Walk myself to sleep song with Ernie and Bert.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something that would be neat for the YouTube collections that I think I've mentioned before would be ones honoring the works of the Muppet performers, especially long-time performers like Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, and Caroll Spinney (why do I have a feeling that a collection honoring Jim Henson would be saved for either the week of May 16 or September 24?).

But I've also been thinking right now that it'd be cool if they could do special compilations based around directors and writers. There are a lot of segments where we don't know who wrote or directed them (I have a feeling that the scripts only credit the writer of the main storyline and not inserts, even though it's clear insert scripts are included in the main episode scripts).

Not to mention compilations based on songs from different songwriters (I could see ones for the songs of Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss, but it'd be great if they'd honor some of the more underrated songwriters as well) or animators.

And it would be cool if they did one showing clips of cameo appearances by Muppet performers and crew members.

Status
Not open for further replies.