Play with Me Sesame: What happened?

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
why did play with me sesame fail? Why did the show not last very long?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and theorize that Sesame Workshop selling off their part ownership of Noggin to Viacom played a major factor in it.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
That makes sense. But why couldn't have sesame workshop continue the show on pbs instead of noggin ?

MWoO

Reaction score
I mean, there wasn't really any reason for the show to exist other than to give Nogin a show with name recognition.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I mean, there wasn't really any reason for the show to exist other than to give Nogin a show with name recognition.
Yeah I agree. I wish sesame could find a way to make a really good spin off show.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Give Elmo a spin off, tbh. That way his segments which, quite frankly feel out of place in the main show anyway, don't take up time on SST.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Um, PWMS was an innocuous little show on a preschool cable channel. It had no lofty goals like the regular Sesame. It strove to be nothing more than a half-hour of engaging content, that's it. It didn't "fail" because it only had three seasons. It was barely a thing to even think to consider a failure.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think it was basically a cheap way to have puppeteers and such do a Sesame spin off without doing much effort.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I think it was basically a cheap way to have puppeteers and such do a Sesame spin off without doing much effort.
Yeah. I wish SW would do a proper spinoff for sesame. Maybe about Murrary? (Just Kidding:laugh::batty:)