The Weird Dreams Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had a dream about encountering Slender-Man in the woods not too long ago too. For some odd reason, he wasn't the typical scary version but rather a strange interpretation of Slender-Man. This Slender-Man character would constantly make corny jokes, insist I refer to him as "Slendy" (the much more non-threatening version of his name), and had a voice that sounded almost like Principal Skinner from The Simpsons.

You would expect a dream about the world's most infamous creepypasta villain who was literally menacing enough to inspire a real world stabbing incident would be utterly terrifying. But nope, what I ended up with was basically a comedy sketch in the form of a dream. That's just odd lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Has anybody else ever had a recurring, creepy dream about giant unknown figure sitting at the foot of your bed at night? I've been having that one lately and while it doesn't exactly scare me being the huge horror/dark fantasy fan that I am, it definitely seems kind of odd.

I don't know what the dream creature that randomly sits down on my bed and stares blankly at me is supposed to be. It looks almost like a Rake-type alien or something. Almost like what would happen if The Rake was mixed with Gollum from Lord of the Rings:

While not 100 percent accurate, this is the most similar image I could find as to what these bizarre dreams look like.

Rather than being scared out of my mind like most people would be, I'm genuinely interested in the intriguing thought that my subconscious mind may have somehow created it's own mythical being. Maybe if I can come up with a good enough backstory and personality for the beast, he could become the villain of an indie horror story written by yours truly. Has anybody else ever had a dream like this? It's probably just my mind being weird, but maybe it's some sort of recurring dream that other people have as well.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that was downright traumatizing. It was by far the worst dream I've had in my entire life:

I was eating a new local restaurant called Cowboy's that opened up recently in the dream. It's just your average burger joint trying to copy off the success of bigger chain restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King, and Dairy Queen. But anyway, while I was eating I heard something odd coming from the back room of the restaurant so I went back there and investigated.

In that room I saw an image that I still can't manage to get out of my head:A bunch of people were being unbelievably cruel to dogs back there. They were kicking puppies, stomping on innocent adorable dogs as they howled out in pain, chasing around a cute beagle puppy with a butcher knife and then stabbing it as I watched in horror, skinning dogs alive, euthanizing them for no reason, and so on. But there was one thing I saw in that dream that makes me an absolute wreck whenever I think about it:One person in the dream took a pregnant dog and ripped her unborn puppies out of her stomach as she cried out in pain.

I then asked the manager of the restaurant what the heck was going on there (although trust me I was far too distressed to say "heck" but I figured I'd censor it with this being a family forum and all) and he proceeded to tell me that their employees think dogs are disgusting creatures and want to kill as many of them as possible. He explained to me that they sneak into the backyards of unsuspecting pet owners and steal their dogs to torture/kill.

At the end of the dream, I took my two outside dogs and brought them into the house for safety just in case that mean man ever finds them. Then I woke up.

After waking up from that horrific nightmare, I couldn't help myself. I ran to the bathroom and threw up for a prolonged amount of time. I wish I could just wipe those terrible images out of my mind but unfortunately they will probably always be there.

I feel physically sick because of that dream. Things like horror movies, creepypastas, scary video games, etc. don't bother me at all. The only reason I don't really like horror is because I think a lot of is predictable, cliched, and borderline laughable at times. But having a nightmare like that, especially one that felt so real, that absolutely terrifies me to no end.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that was downright traumatizing. It was by far the worst dream I've had in my entire life:

I was eating a new local restaurant called Cowboy's that opened up recently in the dream. It's just your average burger joint trying to copy off the success of bigger chain restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King, and Dairy Queen. But anyway, while I was eating I heard something odd coming from the back room of the restaurant so I went back there and investigated.

In that room I saw an image that I still can't manage to get out of my head:A bunch of people were being unbelievably cruel to dogs back there. They were kicking puppies, stomping on innocent adorable dogs as they howled out in pain, chasing around a cute beagle puppy with a butcher knife and then stabbing it as I watched in horror, skinning dogs alive, euthanizing them for no reason, and so on. But there was one thing I saw in that dream that makes me an absolute wreck whenever I think about it:One person in the dream took a pregnant dog and ripped her unborn puppies out of her stomach as she cried out in pain.

I then asked the manager of the restaurant what the heck was going on there (although trust me I was far too distressed to say "heck" but I figured I'd censor it with this being a family forum and all) and he proceeded to tell me that their employees think dogs are disgusting creatures and want to kill as many of them as possible. He explained to me that they sneak into the backyards of unsuspecting pet owners and steal their dogs to torture/kill.

At the end of the dream, I took my two outside dogs and brought them into the house for safety just in case that mean man ever finds them. Then I woke up.

After waking up from that horrific nightmare, I couldn't help myself. I ran to the bathroom and threw up for a prolonged amount of time. I wish I could just wipe those terrible images out of my mind but unfortunately they will probably always be there.

I feel physically sick because of that dream. Things like horror movies, creepypastas, scary video games, etc. don't bother me at all. The only reason I don't really like horror is because I think a lot of is predictable, cliched, and borderline laughable at times. But having a nightmare like that, especially one that felt so real, that absolutely terrifies me to no end.
Oh my gosh!! That sounds like the most horrifying nightmare ever! :concern: Thank god I've personally never had nightmares that scary.

The """scariest""" nightmare that I had when I was about 5 was this recurring one where I would be chased by a giant Shrek. Whenever he caught me, he would grab me, roar loudly in my face, and then eat me. I'd wake up right as he would put me into his dark mouth. The dreams were triggered by my fear of the scene from the first Shrek movie where Shrek roars at the angry townsfolk to scare them away.

It's all kinda silly looking back (especially now that Shrek has been meme'd to heck and back), but it sure wasn't silly back then.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I just remembered this odd but nice dream I had a few years ago - I was at Burger King having dinner with Phineas and Ferb (and I think Candace, too).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I once had a dream that was heavily based on Alice in Wonderland. The only difference from the original story is that for some reason several Wizard of Oz characters appeared in it as well oddly enough. Probably because the stories are so similar to one another. The Oz series was inspired almost directly by Alice in Wonderland so I guess the confusion between stories kind of makes sense.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a friend who absolutely loves Elvis and often tries to impersonate his singing voice. So last night, I had a cool dream that we filmed him doing his Elvis impersonations and put them online.

A couple days later, he was booked a gig at the local bowling alley where he would perform a couple choice Elvis songs in character (he was dressed in the iconic costume of The King and everything).

The dream ended with us congratulating him when suddenly my dog Buster came into the house unexpectedly with a chewed up pair of my blue shoes in his mouth. My friend laughed and said,

"I think that whole incident you just went through with Buster made me decide which two Elvis songs I'd like to perform tonight," and then I woke up.

While it wasn't specified in the dream because I had awaken too soon, I have no doubt that he was referring to the songs Hound Dog and Blue Suede Shoes.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Hilariously enough (considering my username), I had a dream that I was Flaky from Happy Tree Friends last night. No seriously, in that dream I legitimately was supposed to be in the flesh a female cartoon porcupine. How weird is that?

mariolover

Reaction score
Bump.

I had a dream once where my grandpa tried to kill me with a sledgehammer because I wanted cheese on my dinner (I can't remember what the dinner was), and my grandpa hated cheese and he disrespected my opinion on cheese.

Another dream I had is one where Donald Trump crashed my Grandparents' Christmas party, and we a lot of people there were reading the Qu'ran, mostly Arabic translations, but there were 2 English ones, and I wanted to read it, so I asked Donald Trump "Is it okay if I read the Arabic version?" and he said "I think you should read the English version!"

(BTW, my Grandpa is a really nice person IRL. He would never actually murder someone with a sledgehammer or with anything. It was just a dream.)

Last edited: