What made you roll your eyes today thread?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Finding out that one of my friends is an avid conspiracy theorist. Apparently he believes the following ridiculous theories:...
Um. Some of these are more disturbing than the run-of-the-mill nonsense one finds online. Has your friend ever talked to a psychiatrist about any of this? I am granted only an armchair psych, but seriously I wonder if your friend suffers from schizophrenia. If they genuinely believe all this, it could easily lead to more damaging stuff, self-harm, harm to others... Do they not have any family members concerned about them enough to get them to see a doctor?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Um. Some of these are more disturbing than the run-of-the-mill nonsense one finds online. Has your friend ever talked to a psychiatrist about any of this? I am granted only an armchair psych, but seriously I wonder if your friend suffers from schizophrenia. If they genuinely believe all this, it could easily lead to more damaging stuff, self-harm, harm to others... Do they not have any family members concerned about them enough to get them to see a doctor?
Funny you said that now because a few weeks ago he was tested by his parents and has since been diagnosed as schizophrenic as well as bipolar and Autistic. What an awful combination :cry:.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Funny you said that now because a few weeks ago he was tested by his parents and has since been diagnosed as schizophrenic as well as bipolar and Autistic. What an awful combination :cry:.
Man, that's rough. I sincerely hope he gets the treatment he needs.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A news story I read about a black man who works with all white employees. His name was Daryl but they gave him the nickname Dan. For a long time, he just assumed it was your average friendly nickname but years later he eventually discovered that Dan was supposed to be an acronym for "dumb a** n****r,". Man, people are disgusting :mad:.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A news story I read about a black man who works with all white employees. His name was Daryl but they gave him the nickname Dan. For a long time, he just assumed it was your average friendly nickname but years later he eventually discovered that Dan was supposed to be an acronym for "dumb a** n****r,". Man, people are disgusting :mad:.
That's horrible! Imagine knowing someone for so long only to find out that relationship was a big joke.
That's just so messed up.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I can understand giving Transformers, Scooby Doo, Popeye, or G.I. Joe their own live action movies. But why Dora of all things? It's just so weird that they decided to turn a show for preschoolers into a more mature action adventure film. What's next are they going to make Oswald the Octopus into Oswald Cobblepot from Batman (The Penguin's real name) lol:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I mean...it looks like your typical generic indiana jones ripoff but

all things considered it really doesnt look awful

datman24

Reaction score
I mean...it looks like your typical generic indiana jones ripoff but

all things considered it really doesnt look awful
It may not look awful in hindsight, but when you get down to the very fact that this a mature adaption of a cartoon made for toddlers, you have to wonder what was going through the minds of these executives who thought this was a good idea? This should be a joke, and I truly wish it was. Never mind the fact that I never liked ‘Dora’ in the first place, but I gotta ask, who was this even made for? ‘Dora’ isn’t exactly one of those shows that people who grew up watching it look back fondly on, and I doubt anyone else outside of the target audience for the show will have any interest seeing it, either, just because it has the ‘Dora’ name attached to it. You know what I bet is going to happen, some dumb parents are going to take their little ones to see it thinking it be just like the cartoon they watch on television, but when they walk out of that theater seeing what they just saw, they’re going to start complaining how innaproriate it was for them and the things they did to their child’s favorite character.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Trump is holding a rally in my state right now, and not too far from where I live, either. :rolleyes: