The What Was That Obscure Kid Show? Thread

Misskermie

Reaction score
What sketch show was this from?

I remember seeing a parody of Oswald on TV a long time ago where Oswald, Daisy, and that little wiener dog character were sitting on a boat together. Daisy sarcastically points out that Oswald is an octopus so it makes no sense for him to wear a life preserver. She then pushes him into the water out of curiosity as to what would happen and accidentally ends up killing him in the process.

That totally sounds like something they'd do on MAD but sure enough I dug through the entire catalog of sketches on MAD Wiki today and couldn't find anything about an Oswald sketch.

I don't believe it was Family Guy either because I highly doubt the 80s cartoon obsessed writers of that show are even aware of Oswald's existence. I just think that such a reference seems a bit too out of left field for the typical Family Guy viewer seeing as how the show generally tends to cater to the those who grew up in the He-Man generation of cartoons with it's references.
Was it this? If so, Robot Chicken.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Yeah, I think so. What I remembered was traditionally animated but maybe I was just misremembering things. Also I used to be totally obsessed with Robot Chicken and remembered pretty much every sketch but somehow that one must've slipped my memory.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Did it have anything to do with Little Red Riding Hood perhaps? A little girl and a big ugly wolf reminds me of that story.
Actually, no. It wasn't an adaptation of Little Red Riding Hood at all. all I remember is the focus was on the little girl and the old man, who was some sort of professor. There was also a fuzzy mouse like creature who was often seen with the wolf character. The other thing I remember is the wolf character suffering some form of humiliation at the end of every episode. Like I said, the one thing to look out for is those little mushroom creatures.