Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4907 - New Year's Eve on Sesame Street

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Did we hear both Caroll and Matt as Big Bird? The singing at the beginning didn't sound at all like Matt, but it only barely sounded like Caroll.
You know, I thought BB's singing part sounded a little like Carroll. I may be wrong on this. After all, I was wrong once in 1987 so it's possible. Plus Carroll has recorded lines for BB and Oscar up to season 50 and it does seem like Carroll performs more of Big Bird when he sings. Just my thoughts.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know, I thought BB's singing part sounded a little like Carroll. I may be wrong on this. After all, I was wrong once in 1987 so it's possible. Plus Carroll has recorded lines for BB and Oscar up to season 50 and it does seem like Carroll performs more of Big Bird when he sings. Just my thoughts.
Nope, it was definitely Matt.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I guess it's season 50 when we'll hear new material with Carroll as Big Bird and Oscar being that, 50 was the last season he recorded lines for. We'll see.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Tbh, Caroll was already semi retired by season 48. I'm guessing they wanted to get him in for one last episode for Season 50, because of the anniversary.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Only one season 50 ep? I'm guessing you're referring to either the premiere or the finale. We'll just have to wait and see. Of course, it may be a longer wait for those of us who don't get HBO. You never know how soon they'll put those online.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"New Year's Eve on Sesame Street" premieres on PBS this Monday December 30. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.